»Hallowmass«

Morrigan's POV:

"Frank, I think I have no choice, but keep the Hallowmass tradition." I pointed, when I was standing with the satisfied Frank in front of Deucalion, decorated as for the devilish weding.
"I know, I'm telling this every year Frank, but this time you really overcame yourself!" I quoted Jupiter and vampire-dwarf caught the joke.
"You don't have to say it. I know I'm the best one, Jove."
The doubledoor opened and Jack peeked out.
"Frank? How many people exactly did you invite?"
Since I didn't see his eyes, I managed to keep my natural shade of skin.
"They aren't even here yet, and still, today we have an emergency, so unit won't be in the evening dress. With the service I'll help."
Jack raised one eyebrow and said nothing.

›‹›‹›‹

Hawthorne's POV:

I opened my door and jumped at the Station 919.
"Hi everyone!"
"Hello!" called together Unit 919. I grabbed Cadence by her hand and run my second hand through my hair.
"Lords, that was the greatest 'hello,' what I ever heard!"
In that time the door opened and Morrigan appeared there.
"Hi. Are we all?"
We nodded indefinitely and came inside.
"Wow, you look... fine." Pointed Cadence at Morrigan, when we saw her it the light. She did look fine. All in black, as we were too. Ignoring the compliment she said:
"Jack... is downstairs. I think I will hand away the drinks. There are really lots of people over there."
"I will help you." said together Anah and Lam and Morrigan gave them a thankful smile. When everyone came to the hallway, Cadence stood to the Morrigan's right, and me to her left side, as usuall. I muttered:
"Does he have to get involved?"
Cadence glanced at me sharply. Morrigan sighed.
"Hawthorne. You know very well, why he is with us and I absolutely don't understand, what problem you got with him." she whispered the words and I quietly argued:
"I don't have anything against him. You had. And he has something against me. It perfectly complements!
"He doesn't have! He had. And it was never anything so rude. All bad, what was between him and me is away as well. We are... friends. Sort of. Period." she declared and rushed downstairs. I looked at Cadence, who was bitting her lip again, and again.
"Why I have a feeling, that a 'friends' is not a word, she should have used?"

›‹›‹›‹

Morrigan's POV:

I put the notebook to the desk, stood beside Martha and started putting the the glasses to the tray according to the list. The shadows on the opposite wall of the dancing saloon caught my attention. There was nothing bad, or unusual at them. They moved slowly, calmly.
'Shadows are shadows Miss Crow. They want to be dark.' echoed in my head.
Suddenly I had a feeling, that shadows have great life, short, without problems and quarells and feelings and...
"Hey, Morrigan!" said the voice next to me and someones hand waved on front of my face. I snapped back.
"Huh?"
In opposite side of pult was standing Jack.
"I asked, how it goes. What are you thinking about?" he asked and I held the tray.
"I'm... going to hand this out to the guests... Don't have... a lot of time to talk... Hope you don't mind?"
Jack nodded:
"Yeah, it's fine."
In my mind I exhaled by relief. I handed out the glasses and returned back to the desk. He was no longer there. I sighed.
"Hmm, I didn't know, Deucalion was downsizing." spoke a classy voice in front of a pult. It felt as if an iron fist hit me to the chest. I looked down at the tray and with slow, expressive moves I was putting the glasses on it again.
"Or it's just a stupidity of higher ranked? I thought Jackie wouldn't sink this down to this behavior. Or, have you got other opinion, Morrigan?"
When the tray was almost full, I raised my head and put down the last glass sharply.
"Oh, it's so strange. I think, that when you were standing in a front for brains, you better went to the clothes shop. And do you know, what else I think? That the fools have a place in this world as well. It'd be boring without y'all, don't you think, Noelle?"
"How dare you..."
"Dare what? Offend one more proud aristocrat? Watch, and learn..." I leaned near to her face.
"Do you know something about topic 'Real frienship', or 'Liars'?"
When she just stood silently, I pressed my lips together and shook my head.
"I'm sincerely sorry for you." I wanted to continue, when I saw something in Noelle's eyes. Something, I didn't notice before. Suddenly I absolutely changed my mind.
"I... know how it feels to be without any friends. Let me help you." I offered and reached over the pult, placing my hand in front of her.
She stared at me, open mouthed. For a second I thought, that she really will accept, but then she turned away from me and with her nose in the clouds she snorted:
"You don't know anything about me. And don't go so close to me, I might catch some dirty fleas from you."
Now I was really sorry for her. Honestly. I wasn't even jealous of her anymore. I left the desk with the tray in my hands. By my way I came around Jack. When I was returning back, I saw him, talking with Noelle. Put it mildly.
Jack pressed his lips together and nodded.
'Oh, no. Not this again!'
Noelle gave him a shiny smile and held his hand with their fingers crossed. Their hands... Those hands... Suddenly I felt sick. I put the tray down to the empty table and ran out from the hall.

When I came inside, there was a darkness in my room. I leaned back at the foot of my bed and hugged my knees. I hid my face to them and in my eyes I felt hot tears. Noelle might be friendless, but she... she still took everything from me. Not just that I had, but even that, what I never wanted to admit I need. That, what I never had a chance to obtain.

Jack.

'When I meet him, I will tell him the full truth. What would I give just for one...'
Then someone came to the room. The light from hallway lightened from behind the tall body of a person, who I did, and didn't want to see the most in the world. I quickly wiped away the tears and stood up.
"Morrigan? What's going on?"
'Tell him, tell him, tell him, tell him!' yelled my mind. I looked at his face, where the eyepatch missed, locked my gaze rightly at his eyes and said that word.

"Nothing."