Giving up

I know it's wrong. Everything is wrong. Forgiving Vikram is wrong, loving George and not being able to tell him is wrong and now resigning is very wrong.

But is there anything that can go right in my life? No not at all. Everything is fucked up. I know Vikram said very bitchy things about me. But he is not like that. Anyway I called the marriage off and he is not even affected. Its fine by me though.
Resign! resign! What made me say those words?
Wasting not a second I ran outside to find George sitting on the floor in the lobby. I felt very bad for him.
"George?" I went next to him and sat down. And after that my world collapsed. Seeing those green orbs, the hurt and pain in them is visible.
" I will not bother you anymore. You can work here for whole life. I will not have a single encounter with you." He left. Not a single word anymore he just left.
At that moment I felt the pain. My heart wrenched by seeing his silhouette vanish into that cold air.

.
.
.
Later on the days has been passed i didn't gave my resignation as Jack and Eve were so upset about being so stupid for that resignation thing. So I continued my work being normal. As George said he never bothered me.  But I couldn't stay calm. Nowadays I become very frustrated and was facing anger issues. My temper became so high that i start shouting at once. Thanks to the team that I had been working with, they were so compromising and so understanding. They don't say a word even if I lose my temper.
The only thing that calmed me from the lack of George was that mysterious man. Every day I receive flowers, sometimes candies, chocolates and many more. I don't know but the smile they brought to my lips is what I needed these days.
I have searched for the Mr.X every where but never found a sign. So i gave up.
.
.
.
Three more minutes, almost its been seven months since we last talked. The design and plan are ready. And all the engineers are very well defined and dedicated. The hotel turned out to be most luxurious and grand in whole london. I am very satisfied by the outcome.
Fuck! His cologne.....

I gained my senses and realized that he is not facing me. I am glad!
" George I think you must have look at the final finishings." I stated blankly trying to make a conversation.

" I think I am the CEO  and I know what to do right?" His voice was cold. He was no longer the George I knew once. Past these months i heard his tantrums, his temper, and almost 30 employees were fired for no reason. That did hit me. But I was calm and I will be.
I lifted my gaze and saw him averting his gaze.
" The hotel opening will be on this Thursday. I hope the work will be done without the delay. Employees will get invitations tomorrow. And the ball is on the Wednesday night. I hope we are done here. Anything you need to know ask Mr. Hollings. " That's it. He left. I couldn't take it now a days but I don't want to rebel either.
.
.
.
.
Tomorrow is Thursday and I still do not have the invitation. Everyone got their invitation and were halfway got ready to go the ball, but me. I called Mr. Hollings for invitation he said that my name was not in the list. That hit me hard. Tears appeared in my eyes. I have cried since morning. But now I'm done. I dialed George's phone, he didn't pick up. I dialed again he picked up after a long time. I was hurt, I was furious.
" You know what, If this is the game you are gonna play then fine Mr. Russell. Thank you for the concern you have showed. Bye! Enjoy the ball." I hung up.
I thought having all the consequences in my hand, but nothing helped as I went through my last 3 months.

Now this, if there was no intention on inviting me to the opening then why did he addressed me. I never asked him to.

My phone ring brought me to the reality, it was Jack. What should I say to him now? What happened between George and Jack because of me was enough to make me regret. Now I dont want to make a scene. I answered the phone almost when it was about to get off.

"Hello Mahi?" Worry was evident in his voice.

"Jack hey! Is everything fine?" I asked making it quite obvious that I'm fine.

" shouldnt I be the one to ask that question Mahi?" And that struck in my mind. What might have happened.

"I dont get it Jack! Come to the point." My patience was already zero. I dont want jack to be the victim of that.

"Where is George Mahi?" What?

"How would I know where he is Jack. You know right, he hates me. We dont talk anymore remember?" I know it sounded very sarcastic and very bad but thats the fact. What should I say rather than that.

"That's not true!" He said as if it is a matter of fact.

"Jack thats what happening from few months. We dont talk anymore. Precisely, he doesnt talk anymore." I said monotonously. And re-considering, that's what happened. Every time I go to him the only thing, he does is to avoid me. Nothing more than that. And its evident to everyone that it is hurting me a lot. But I deserve that, yes, I do.

"Mahi listen, when Eve told that she picked matching outfits for all of us and she told she designed a high end sequin saree just for you and wanted to come to you, to make sure that you like it, because everyone know that she never designed a saree before. But George yelled at her saying he is not going to the hotel opening and left. Later than Eve realized that the saree was missing. We have a doubt that, George took that saree and might come to you. Thats why I called you." He literally rambled every word so fast. It took me more than twenty seconds to realize what he was saying. Suddenly I felt happy listening that George will be coming to me with the saree.

" I dont know Jack. He was not here anyways. Might be that saree was not for me. He still hated me for what I did."

"Stop it Mahi, he doesn't hate you. Anyways got to go Mahi. If he comes please tell him what you feel about him. Don't lag this time. Please!" that was pleading tone of Jack and it is very rare.

And this is how its been since a long time. I dont understand why this is happening all with me and only me. I heard a car sound and thought it was George so went out but it was none. I was disappointed and turned my heels towards the door again. His cologne!! Fuck! He is here.

I turned myself towards him and those green eyes, they are going to be the death of me. The tension between us was very high.

"What are you doing here?" My tone was merely a whisper.

He came close, dangerously close, his lips were touching my ears, my breath hitched. All the sorrow, anger I have been having in these past months drowned once at all.

"Came for you." His minty breath fanning my nape killed me completely. I pulled myself back.

"Again what Mahi? Don't be ridiculous. I know how much you love me. If you still want to pretend go on, but I am telling you are not a good actress at all. So please stop." He is irritated again.

"I am not getting it George." If this continues I can't lie anymore.

"Shut the fuck up Mahi now. Anshul called Jack one day saying your phone was not reachable and there was an emergency." Fuck. Why did I gave her, his number at first place. I regret it now.

"She told me everything about you and your obsession, love and what not for me. If you are not loving me then why the hell did you cried whenever Anshul brought my topic. damn look at yourself when I am close to you. That's what I do to you."

He took my hand and placed on his heart. The heart beat was so rapid and fast.

"And this is what you do to me. Please say that you love me." His voice became sad.

I can't do this anymore should I tell him or not? Jack's, Eve's, and Anshul's voice rang in my mind so loudly.

"I love you George."

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY LOVLIES. I KNOW ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE BEEN UPDATED. BUT PAST EIGHT MONTHS HAVE BEEN SO HECTIC. I MET WITH AN ACCIDENT, WHICH CAUSED ME A MAJOR FRACTURE AND TOOK NEARLY SIX MONTHS TO WALK NORMALLY. AND THE POST ANESTHESIA MADE IT MORE WORSE. BUT AS NOW I AM BACK TO THE NORMAL I WILL TRY TO UPLOAD CHAPTERS REGULARY. ANYWAYS THE STORY CAME WITH A TWIST ALREADY. HOPE YOU ENJOY READING THIS CHAPTER.;)

XOXO