Chapter 1

It seemed logical to go back to hers, after all she was the most natural host of the six of them and well, let's be honest, she loved to be in control of these kind of things. Matty decided he'd had enough and was going to head straight home, after all it was gone 11pm and he was exhausted from all the filming and publicity stuff, so the 5 of them hopped into their various rides and headed off to Jen's place.

The drinks were free flowing, the music just the right level of loud but not overwhelming and the setting was always spectacular. The 5 of them had easily fallen back into old routines and familiar habits over the past few days and months of video chats, and yes that absolutely included the flirting, the body language and the general 'couplyness' between Jen and David. It was obvious to everyone who saw them that the spark was well and truly still alive. It radiated in a way that could not be hidden.

"You want to lift your leg up like this and bend over the table to reach it, that's the best way to hit the shot" said David, demonstrating what he meant by almost laying on the pool table.

"Really, I want to do that, or you want me to do that?!" came the instant reply from Jen, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Well.... both" came the answer, as he positioned himself with her back in front of him and leaned into her, curving her over the table, the cue in her hands with his as a guide, before standing back to admire the view. She missed the shot, of course she missed, and she playfully pushed him in the chest as they stood up together. "That was your fault" she teased, grinning from ear to ear as his face turned a shade of pale red.

Lisa caught Courtney's eye and winked. They were both pretty sure that something was finally about to happen between their two long time friends, and they really hoped it would this time.

The 5 of them were now sprawled comfortably out on the terrace, the fire burning brightly in the darkness of the early morning. Lisa sat on a chair next to Matt, Courtney and Jen entwined on a sofa and David on a chair next to Jen. They were discussing the past couple of days and how so many memories and emotions had been stirred up.

"I didn't expect to feel so old! I mean, it feels like just recently that the show ended but being back on set this past couple of days made me realise how much time has actually passed and how much we've all grown" said Courteney.

"Yeah, me more so than the rest of you" joked Matt as the others laughed and Lisa leaned over to give him a tight, squeezy embrace. "Makes for even better hugs though" she said through a warm smile.

"Yeah I mean, I knew it would be emotional but I didn't expect so many..... so many......" Jen was struggling to find the words for what she was trying to explain. In the end she simply said "I didn't expect I would feel like this" her hand reaching out over the arm of the sofa to touch David's. He gently ran his thumb over the back her hand as their eyes met, "No it took me by surprise too." There were a few moments of comfortable silence before Lisa yawned and declared that it was past 2am and she was going to take off and the others agreed it was time to head home.

"Ooooh before we go, please can we take a photo, I'd really like one more memento of this night" exclaimed Courteney, signaling them all to move over in front of the glass balcony. David, Lisa & Matt stood at the back with Jen & Court in front, both of them with their phones poised ready. Court took her pictures first, then Jen snapped a few shots. As the other three headed off inside to gather their things, David pulled Jen to him, gazing out over the distant city lights that stretched as far as the eye could see. "This view is beautiful..." his eyes moved downwards to the woman encircled in his arms, "....but you are even more beautiful." She raised her head from his shoulder and her eyes seemed to seek the answers to hundreds of questions at once. "Will you stay, for a while, please. I'd really like some time with you, in private" she gestured towards the 3 bodies disappearing inside the house. "Sure" he replied, his cheeks reddening as he tried to stop his slight smile from engulfing his whole face.