||29||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
👑Coronation Celebration👑
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Months drifted by slowly like a cloud. In that time, Charlotte had resided in Caspian's castle while overseeing the welfare of Narnia's citizens comprising both Telmarine villagers and Narnian creatures, as well as the reconstruction of old monuments like the castle of Cair Paravel. Caspian, on the other hand, oversaw the resettlement of Telmarine villagers back in Telmar and diplomacy with neighbouring nations.

Eventually, the reconstruction Cair Paravel had achieved rebuilding their master bedrooms, libraries, and kitchens. It was sufficient for Charlotte to reside in and host her coronation, though it would have to do without its grand ballroom.

Nevertheless, Charlotte showed great appreciation for the circumstances while Caspian dreaded the look on visitors' faces. After all, Charlotte had witnessed far severe damages in the war, that having a roof over her head was all she really needed to feel safe. Visitors' perceptions of Cair Paravel's completion was insignificant to her.

While planning the event, she saw an opportunity to break traditions and host the celebration at the apple orchard by the shores with a garden theme.

"Is it too tight, your Highness?"

Charlotte met her reflection in the mirror, examining her custom-made gown. The Telmarine seamstresses carried on working on the hems of her dress, neatly trimming loose ends and testing the flares of the layers.

"Not at all," she replied, concealing her solemness behind a graceful grin.

"You're all set, your Highness," one of them announced after cutting a final trim.

"Thank you all, you've done a wonderful job," she admired the princess in the mirror, "the dress looks gorgeous."

"That's because it's on you, your Highness."

Charlotte smiled at their lighthearted compliments, exchanging laughter with them. She expressed words of gratitude before dismissing them shortly.

The seamstresses packed their tools and cleared the room. Charlotte stood in solitude for a while, admiring herself in the mirror. She wished her parents could witness her coronation, for they would have been so proud to know that their daughter had succeeded in following their footsteps.

The day should have been filled with exuberance, but the void in her heart was huge. Not only were her parents gone, but her newfound family with the Pevensies had vanished too. Though she and Caspian worked together, she yearned for the four siblings' support in building her confidence.

"You radiate much elegance, Charlotte," Caspian strode in, examining her custom made dress.

Charlotte uttered words of gratitude, sighing to herself. "I wish my parents could see me now."

"That makes two of us." He stood beside her, glancing at themselves in the mirror.

"My father..." He trailed off, hanging his head low, "I'd always looked up to him, thought he was the greatest. Now, I'm not sure he'd be proud of my choices. He'd probably be disappointed that I'm giving away our land."

Charlotte was silent, taking a moment to process her thoughts. He was shameful of his past, the kind of family he was born to, and its impact on his own identity.