We should sit down.

Location - Jim and Carolyn's shared quarters

"What did she say?" Carolynn asks as Jim walks in. His movements display urgency as he helps his wife off the bed and passes her some clothes to change into.

"There's a girl, Kalara. Her ship is stranded on a planet." Jim begins as Carolynn gets dressed.

"So, it's a rescue mission." The wife asks.

"Yes, but that's not it." Jim sats thoughtfully as Carolynn ties her hair into a neat fishtail.

"What's up with you talking in installments, James? Just spit it out. What is it?" Carolynn says, clearly annoyed at her husband.

Jim looks at her, furrowing his brows. "Umm. We have to make our way through an unstable nebula."

Carolynn 'oohs' at her husband thoughtfully, and then adds, "I thought this was about the Vice admiral position."

"She said we'll talk about it after our return." Jim adds as the two leave for The Enterprise.
_____________

Jim and Carolynn make their way towards the turbolift when Carolynn speaks up, "Jim, this nebula must be really dense. I hope were not walking straight into trouble." She looks at her husband for answers.

"In case you forgot. You're talking to the Captain of USS ENTERPRISE, Rose." Jim smirks.

"Cocky much?" Carolynn lifts her eyebrows.

"Yeah but seriously, we have the best navigation system in the fleet." Jim says.

"And it's not always just the ship." Carolynn add thoughtfully as the doors to the turbolift open and they meet Spock inside, on his way to the bridge.

"Mr. Spock." Jim greets the man as the couple join the Vulcan in the lift.

A small smile adorns the girl's features as she nods at the ship's commander.

"Captain. Mrs. Kirk." Spock greets the couple making Carolynn blush. She's still not used to being called that.

Her thoughts are interrupted by Jim's "I was thinking.." and Spock's "Perhaps there.."

Both the men look at each other dumbfounded. Carolynn first looks at her left at Spock and then at her right, at her husband.

"No. Please." Jim asks Spock to go first, but Spock says, "Captain, after you." Ans then quickly adds an, "I insist." making Jim give in.

Jim looks down at his feet for a moment. And then, breaths a long breath in and says, "After this mission, we should, we should sit down." He looks at the Vulcan.

"There's something I need to talk to you about." Jim adds.

Carolynn listens to the exchange in silence.

"I as well have something to share." Spock says.

Then, the lift falls into an awkward silence, but Jim's "We make a good team. Right?" breaks it. He looks first at his wife and then at Spock.

"I believe we do." Spock replies calmly.

Jim nods at the man thoughtfully.

The turbolift reaches it destination. Both the men lift one of their arms, asking Carolynn to step out first. She mutters a small, "Thank you, Gentlemen." and steps out.

Spock then politely asks Jim to walk out before him, but the Captain smiles and uses his own words against him, "I insist."

Spock leaves the lift, Jim follows.

______________

This update is terribly tiny. I know. Sorry. Lol.

🦄💝