Prologue: The Sorcerer Casts His Spell

I managed to desperate back to a familiar place, feeling the light spring breeze. I looked around and turned to see the Palace, as it looked to be in the process of being repaired after the escape, when it hit me, if I so as much set one foot on the Palace grounds Odin would have the Einherjar after me. I had to move quietly, as I started to make my way back to the Palace grounds. "Make sure that the palace is restored to its rightful majestic beauty, I imagine Thor will be returning home soon" Odin spoke with the Captain. I plastered myself against the back of the outside pillar overhearing them talk, not making the slightest sound, after they moved on I though to myself, if I really wanted another try at ascending the throne, I had to conjure up the most powerful spell. I could think of, but first I had to shapeshift into something able to get close enough to Odin to do it, I closed my eyes and turned into a Guard, I walked over to the palace, on the side entrance onto the veranda I have come to know, as a spot where I used to visit quite often, with my Mother, where I was coaching Thor on the day of his Coronation. The memories filled me with happiness for the first time. That I smiled, when a Guard came up to me, "excuse me sir but King Odin would like to see you in the throne room" He mentioned "Oh yes I'll be there momentarily" I replied making my way to the Throne room through the main hallway of the Palace, when I entered the Throne room, walking down the aisle "ah, Lieutenant Egil, I am assuming you have the status report from Svartalfheim?" He asked "yes I do sire, I have scouted the realm and have located all but one body on there....it is not good however" I explained to him, trying to make it sound convincing "Oh....I see?" was all he could say, as if he knew who I was talking about, deep down, it wasn't surprising that he would have little regards for my whereabouts, that I turned away briefly "by the way Lieutenant?.." He began when I turned around, from my hand, green mist surrounded us that soon the mist engulfed his eyes causing him to be momentarily stunned. The green mist engulfed my eyes as well, my form changed back to myself, not allowing my gaze to leave his " ....𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘥𝘪𝘯....𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸....𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘙𝘌𝘔𝘈𝘐𝘕 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴!...." I said calmly and slowly. Odin sighed and closed his eyes, when he awoke he found himself laying in a room, with aged wallpaper, the floor had soft carpeting, he had no recollection as to how he ended up there as a room nurse came in dressed in pale blue nursing scrubs, "he seems to be coming too?" I spoke, disguised as a young man, wearing a green blouse, the sleeves rolled up and black slacks, he still looked a little dazed "let him rest, I will come for him in time..." I told her "ok, but please be aware the Nursing home is set to be demolished and we are trying to move our seniors to a new Nursing home, across town.." she began when she turned around I was nowhere to be seen. "Sir?...." was all she could say as she looked back and forth in puzzlement.

I apparated back to Asgard looking down I took the form of Odin. walking up to the throne I stroked the top of it in admiration, then sat down comfortable, when Thor entered the throne room. I held onto Gungnir, as he walked down the aisle to the altar of the Throne room and bowed before me, " You once said there would never be a wiser King than me. You were wrong. The alignment has brought all the realms together. Every one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard offer its new King in return?" I asked looking down at him " My life. Father, I cannot be King of Asgard. I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki, for all his grave imbalance, understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice, it changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great King" He answered me "Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?" I glanced down at him in reply "  When you speak, do I never hear Mother's voice? this is not for Jane, Father. She does not know what I came here to say. Now forbid me to see her or say she can rule at my side, it changes nothing" Thor said looking up at me " One son who wanted the throne too much, another who will not take it. Is this my legacy?" I asked him, Thor rose to one knee looking up at me before hanging his head down " Loki died with honor, I shall try to live the same. Is that not legacy enough?" he asked me as he handed Mjolnir to me as an offering to denounce his title, as future King, I sat up and tried to not take back Mjolnir "It belongs to you, if you are worthy of it" I insisted looking at him, "I shall try to be?" Thor promised his valor in keeping the Kingdom safe.  "I cannot give you my blessing, nor can I wish you good fortune" I answered to him "...I know" he answered as he got up to leave bowing before me, "If I were proud of the man my son had become, even that I could not say. It would speak only from my heart. Go, my son" I motioned proudly at Thor as he smiled back at me "Thank you, father" He thanked me, at that he left the Throne room, as he did I changed to myself smiling from ear to ear, while slowly twirling Gungnir " no.....thank you..." I replied as I sat proudly upon the throne quite pleased that I had finally secured the throne with ....𝘯𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨- 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯.....