Chapter Six: Alliance With The Grandmaster

The rain poured on Sakaar. Making the trash filled city look even more filth ridden, than when it was partly cloudy, the mildew ridden smell and half baked heaps of garbage around the city made it look trashier. But scoop it away with wiry metallic brushes resembling brooms reveal the worn iron, but surprisingly well kept walkways made Sakaar look futuristic- and dare I say it? even inviting, standing again by the window of the social parlor. I looked down heavy hearted, trying to forget that I had spent the recent past few nights in mourning. Choosing to move forward now seemed harder than the past tragic occurrences, the thought's that poured through my mind made me feel heavier- the thought of losing everyone in my family made me feel, like I had nothing else to live for, but slowly taking a breath. I slowly raised my head up, I had to once again pull myself through this state of mourning. When it hit me, true, The Grandmaster wasn't Thor, but I felt I might as well tie myself with something, to do with a small glimmer of hope that maybe by some chance Thor escaped, I can hope?...anything to keep me from always visiting that lonesome state, I always met, when the cruel sad feeling of being alone would always follow. I turned and saw The Grandmaster enter the room, the way the subjects aroused in his glory. I scowled a bit, slightly tilting my head while raising an eyebrow....egos?..."Ah!, so you finally came out of your reclusive guest room, after spending a whole week in seclusion?" He greeted me placing a hand upon my shoulder. I glanced at his hand and slowly removed it, "I have my reasons?.." I answered, "well would you like to be shown around my grand palace?, I've been told that you have been wanting to see me?" He looked at me grinning from ear to ear "do you have a name?" He asked "I am!- yes, of course I have a name?, I am Loki- Prince Loki Of Asgard- and I am burden with glorious purpose" I formally announced my title "a Prince?" he looked at me "It's a long story" I mentioned. "Ah ok, so would you like to be shown around?" I looked at him briefly "if it isn't too much to ask?" I answered. "Of course not!" He said as he lead me out of the social parlor, and into the hallway. "This is my my palace, a vast sprawling palace with multiple levels, endless rooms and a full Contest Tournament Arena" He beamed, I looked confused at that moment "tournament for what?" I asked " Tournament Of Champions, I hold it every centennial" He explained looking at me ".....go on?.." I felt a tad curious as to what he meant by every centennial- when I felt daft inside, even I knew what that term was, a term as old as the oldest text in the Asgardian Library. Feeling enthralled at this new cultural event he spoke of. "I hold it, by finding the most strongest adversary to take upon the challenger of equal strength and I allow people to place their bets on the potential winner- if the adversary survives- that is" we stepped onto the lift and headed down. "And you fancy this sort of Contest of Chivalry?- the fact that, the challenger would most likely not survive the contest- that's your idea of entertainment?, by wagering a poor sod to give up his life for sport, and entertainment purposes?" I asked him "yes, of course!- it's all for sport!- it gives them something to watch, to see, and experience" He sounded almost plastic and animated, I rolled my eyes. "...sure, whatever?, so, you just happened to stumble upon this planet or something?" I asked him. "In a way?, they chose me to become a ruler of this planet- I humbly took the offer and thus became the Grandmaster!" He exclaimed, as a young woman came up to us wearing black and gold padded leather "ah yes this is Topaz my personal bodyguard- and head of the guards" she nodded at me "pleasure to meet you sir, I hope you like it here on sakaar" she greeted me, "likewise, I'm sure I will settle nicely" I replied "shall we continue?" He motioned me to follow him. "alright Grandmaster, lead the way?" I answered, when he was handed a light blue glass-like thing, from a guard he handed it back to the guard who briefly placed it on a small long counter, quickly when The Grandmaster wasn't looking, I picked it up, and saw that it had various numbers sprawled down the list, I eyed it when I glanced at the top, I realized they were access codes, to none other than the palace's security system, carefully and quickly I found a narrow instrument and placed it against the blue tablet, it stored all of the codes into the narrow instrument within seconds. Quickly I placed the blue tablet back down and put the narrow instrument away. and rejoined The Grandmaster, "are you still able to catch up?" He asked looking back at me, I made my way up to him. "Yes of course, I was just looking- at things.." I said "ah ok, you know, you look like someone who likes to see new things?" He said again placing a hand upon my shoulder again. "....You could say that?" I answered him. "Then you might be a good ally then?" He grinned "I suppose so, only to but offer my humble service, your grace" I bowed before him. "Ah!, I don't know why, but I liked you the minute I saw you enter the social parlor!" He proclaimed "I suppose I am likeable to some people?" I answered. "Well, then come, I have more to show you!-" Topaz came back up to us and whispered something in his ear, that he looked intrigued at that second "...if you'll excuse me Loki, I'll be a few moments, your more than welcome to stay in the Palace Social Parlor, while I take care of something?" He offered "sure, I don't mind mingling.." I replied, wondering what his hurry was all the sudden, as I turned and went back down the hallway to the Social Parlor. I think I may have found a new ally....