Chapter Five: Audience With The Grandmaster And Unexpected Reunion

I entered the Grandmaster's Palace and it was rather lively. With lively guests chatting and conversing in endless conversation I thought to myself how  am I going to fit in with these sorts? I felt like a fish out of water, for the first time ever. thinking of a way to just act casual I took in a deep breath then went up to them. "Excuse me, I'd  hate to interrupt, but does anyone know how I can speak with The Grandmaster?" I asked "oh he doesn't require a fancy audience" one of them answered "he's right over there!" he said pointing to a man adorned with gold and bright colors on his robe, with silvery hair "thank you, so kindly" I thanked and went over to him. "Excuse me?...I am Loki Crown Prince Of Asgard, I am in need of assistance" I introduced "assistance for what?" He asked turning to me, "well?, firstly, I need a place to stay for awhile until I figure out what to do- I was in an altercation with someone and I got separated from my B- I?...I really don't know how I got here I just did" I didn't want him to know too much about what I knew went on in Norway "I humbly ask for shelter and possibly your alliance?" I asked, He looked at me "so your a passerby?" He asked "you could say that" I replied, "all  I ask is for a place to sleep, so I can figure out how I can get back...home" I finished looking slightly unsure he even knew what I was talking about "well?, look no further, it's been awhile or so since I've had royal passerby's, I'm sure I can accommodate you, you can stay in the guest quarters, great views and great space- now if you'll excuse me I have an important announcement to make" He said placing his hand upon my back then, walked away, feeling slightly better than before I turned and walked around when I froze in place sitting at one of the tables was someone very familiar!. I came up to the table, "Squire?..." I managed to say trying not to look so ridiculous in front of him the alien lifted his head as his group of people at the table stopped and looked in my direction, he rose, looking like he had aged since the last time I saw him. "Loki?..." he asked he moved over to where I was his, gold plated armor shone in the circular lights high above on the ceiling I looked at him "it's been some time!" I managed to smile feeling glad I found a familiar face, "let's talk some place a little less populated" He asked, I nodded and followed.

As we came to the sprawling walkway, as the sun was slowly in the west. "Don't think this will be some happy reunion.." He started, my happy expression faded at an instant. "look, I know you feel like I thought it was all a game a mere child's play on Earth-" I started "that's not the point!- my fleet has been wiped out- my Father died as well- I was able to get away just barely, by entering a wormhole through the Tesseracts portal, I never should have put my trust in you- you betrayed my kind, you made me look like a fool in front of my comrades- I was foolish to think you would keep your word!" He snapped at me, I tried to find the right words " I know...and I'm, sorry, I am sorry I mislead you into thinking you could trust me- you and your comrades...and I'm sorry about your father..." I felt the guilt hit me again that I knew would return, no sense in me hoping it would stay clear from me- it seemed to follow me where ever I go and whatever I do. "...I'm sorry.. I truly am...if I could find a way to fix things I could but I can't.." I added "...it's not just that...it's going back to your home planet and realizing that your the only sole survivor, but I've managed to overcome it.." he said I sighed and came up to him " I tried to succeed...and I feel terrible for not meeting your expectations, I make a lousy friend" I bowed my head down "..your not that lousy...lousy is being someone who's a slipshod- but you...you had potential- I saw a fierce Soldier- a leader" He explained "my look of ashamedness slowly faded "maybe you were right then.." I told him, "come away with me then, we can rebuild the Chituari Army, make it stronger impenetrable, I came here on my cruiser ship, we can leave tonight" He offered when I thought of Thor. "Squire?...my friend, I appreciate the offer, but- truthfully, I need to figure out if  my Brother Thor is truly dead, I came to Sakaar hoping he would be here but I guess my older sister killed him" I mentioned "..oh?, I guess your on a different path now than previously?" he looked at me "it's been four years, I've changed allot, both my parents are dead, I just don't think I can be the same as I once was years ago?" I added "you still seem the same to me?, so sentimental on certain topics" I smiled slightly "I'm a sensitive rouge" He smiled, his extraterrestrial teeth gleamed. 'Well?, I cannot interfere with what you have planned, but it's good to see you again my friend" He finished "it's good to see you, I was worried that I would never see you again, but to be here of all places, and to know that your alive and well" I placed my hand upon his shoulder "likewise, I knew I would see you again, I just didn't think it would be here?" Squire finished, at that I looked at him, then hugged him, causing him to look in surprise "what's this for?-" He asked "it's just me saying, I've missed you my friend, and perhaps we'll meet again one day" He looked a bit surprised, but then hugged back "it's nice to know that you're alive and well my Asgardian friend" He said releasing his embrace from me, I smiled "...maybe one day I'll finally take your offer, I am the God Of Mischief after all, we can conquer a few planets to set the pace, like old times" I sounded optimistic, "I like that idea.. well, I should be going my friend" He finished " I hope you'll stay safe in your travels my friend?" I asked "as I hope you will too Loki" He added. at that he turned to leave. I walked to my guest quarters. Once inside, I walked over to the mini bar and poured a glass of wine, holding the glass as I came to the window as the sun began to set, I raised the glass up "dear Brother?...I share this drink in hopes that you are welcomed to the gates of Valhalla- Thor, I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever. Nor shall we mourn but rejoice, for those that have died the glorious death" I lowered my glass and took a sip as two tears streamed down my face...as I looked at the glass for a brief second before throwing it to the floor, tearfully exclaiming ANOTHER!...I accepted the inimitable, that Thor was really dead...