Chapter 5 (Indi's POV)

"DADDY!! Are you still here?" Duce yelled as he ran in and jumped on the couch between me and Jayson "Woah Duce watch out, yes I'm still here what is it?"

"Nothing. I thought you had a game today!"

This boy was so excitable all the time lol

"Nah the game got canceled because of the weather so I'm staying here today and Ms. Quint is staying as well till the roads are cleared."

"That's awesome! Woah we could have a sleepover and watch movies and eat snacks," he said as if he just figured out a brilliant idea" let me go get my blankets and pillows" he said quickly

"Duce i don't think..." Jayson tried to say before Duce ranoff "and you just had some food you don't need a snack!" Jayson shouted to him running down the hall

"But you can always eat more!" Duce shouted back before he disappeared into his room

"That boy a trip I tell ya" he said to me both of us laughing

"Yeah he is, he always makes my classes and lessons interesting. He has so much energy. I need to borrow some because I be tired for sure at the end of the day." I said while still chuckling

"I feel that, but I noticed a little twang in your talk. Where are you originally from Indi?"

"I'm originally from Georgia, lived there most of my life then I moved to Philly for two years and eventually made my way up to Boston."

"Yeah I thought so cause I was like ain't no way this girl from here cause people from Boston have a distinct talk, my teammate Marcus from here and he talks so funny at times. But I can't even talk myself being from St. Louis."

"Lol yeah y'all do talk different from the Midwest"

His mom walked in and we talked about other things while Duce came in with idk how many pillows and blankets you couldn't even see him as he stumbled down the hall just dumping everything on the floor. Jayson gave an annoyed look but eventually gave in cause he just couldn't say no to Duce. Somehow he got us and his grandma to build a fort in the living room and we prepped snacks and got several movies geared up. Since it was clear I wasn't gonna be able to go home tonight, Jayson insisted I stay in the guest room after we were done with our "sleepover". All of us got comfy and we queued up the first movie "The Prince of Egypt '' which was actually one of my favorites aside from the religious aspect. The movie is beautifully made and the soundtrack is amazing. Me and Duce were intensely watching even though I've probably seen it hundreds of times. Each time I watch it I fall in love with this movie all over. I even got a tattoo on the inside of my arm inspired by this movie. How much I liked it.

"Do y'all need anything from the kitchen?" Jayson asked us as the movie ended and the next one was getting ready to play. His housekeeper was already off duty and chilling in her quarters so she wasn't there to serve us anything

"Could I have some more juice daddy?" Duce asked

"Little man you've already had three glasses. I can get you some water though."

"Please daddy?" Duce asked with pleading eyes

"No." Jayson said flatly

"Fine, I guess I'll take water then." Duce said, rolling his eyes a lil "But can I at least have some more popcorn and apple slices with caramel?"

"Mom? Indi? Y'all want anything?"

"I'm fine son"

"Okay Indi you want anything?" He said to me

"Apple slices with caramel sound good. Actually I can help you make it though I don't mind"

I walked with him to the kitchen to help make the snacks. Sometimes I had to do this for Duce and the other kids at the center for snack time so I didn't mind.