Chapter 26 (Jayson's POV)

I was having a terrible first half, even though I had 15 points, I was really struggling with the ball. I had 6 turnovers already and 3 fouls. My head just wasn't in the game at all, seeing Indi just threw me off, I wasn't prepared for her to come, I didn't even know she was coming, Marcus didn't know either. Coach Ime pulled me out when I got my third foul and I went and sat on the bench clearly frustrated. I slapped my towel against the floor angry at myself for letting her affect my game. I looked up at the jumbotron and saw we were down by fucking 17 to the damn Bulls.

"Bro we down get your head in the game man" Jaylen said to me as he sat down to get some rest

"I know bro I'm trying " I said. The anger in my voice clear.
"Listen bro, Imma have your back when we are struggling but you gotta get right Jay" He said to me.
He was right though, I was really letting Indi get in my head, and how good she looked. She had just a plain white Celtics t-shirt on and some jeans but she still looked amazing. I couldn't help but think about the times we were together when I saw her. I turned around to look back at her and saw her talking to some dude who was sitting with her and Gem. They were talking about something and laughing when he placed his hand on her knee and she playfully pushed his shoulder. That had me pissed off. Here she was flaunting some dude in my face when she was just fucking me a week ago. I couldn't believe it. The buzzer sounded and it was halftime. I grabbed my stuff and headed to the locker room, pissed at myself for letting this girl get to my heart and in my mind like that. Our coach Ime let us have it, saying we weren't playing to our potential and when one player is struggling we have to step in and help them not struggle with them. I knew he was talking about me, everybody knew but weren't gonna point it out. That would do nothing to help the situation. I had to shake this off and get right cause my team needed me. We couldn't lose our first playoff game. And I was more pissed at Indi more than anything and had to take my anger out on the court somehow. She was really fucked up for that. Our captain Marcus started getting us hype for the second half, and before we went back he pulled me to the side.
"Listen Jay about Indi, I didn't know she was coming with Gem, if I had known that..."
"It's all good bro don't even worry about it let's just focus on getting this dub" I told him. We dapped each other up and went back to the floor to warm up for the second half. When I walked out Indi was looking dead at me like she wanted to talk to me but I just ignored her and put up a couple shots and went over the game plan with some of the coaches. The buzzer sounded and we got back on the floor to play. After 24 minutes the final buzzer sounded and the arena erupted into applause. We had won our game 105-90, and I had gone off for 32 points, a career high of 12 assists, and a monstrous dunk over Lonzo Ball that I knew would definitely be on sports center tonight and tomorrow. We shook hands with the opposite team and headed to the locker room to get ready for our next game against them. Indi was clapping and gave me a wave as we walked towards the locker room but I just gave her a sour look and went about my way giving a few fans a high five and threw my armband to the crowd. She seemed sad when I ignored her but I aint give a fuck, I was done worrying about her, cause she seemed fine with this new nigga. And I was trying to get a ring I wasn't going to focus on her anymore just on basketball and My son. I wasn't finna put my heart out on the table for this girl again just for her to smash it over and over.

//Jay kinda petty when he has hurt feelings ain't he 😂