Kabanata 1 - 2

"What are you even thinking Zamantha? Did you know that we are doing this for you! All we wanted is for you to continue your studies and why can't you? You need to go to your new school even though you didn't wanted. If you didn't-

I drop the call. Shit why would I need to study. Hindi ba pwedeng nasa bahay nalang ako playing with my computer. Alam naman nilang ayoko sa school eh!

Biglang tumunog ang cellphone ko.

Tumatawag si Mama?

"Ma? Bakit? Are you going to scold me just like what Daddy does? I don't need any of-

"Zamantha! Please shut up! Your Daddy is in the hospital right now. Inatake sya sa puso and I need you here. I don't know what to do. This is your fault!."

After that nabitawan ko ang cellphone ko. I think tumigil ang mundo after that. Did I do wrong? I didn't want any of these. I didn't! I didn't! It is not my fault!

Sa pagtulo ng aking mga luha ay sa pagpatak din ng ulan. The rain falls exactly at me. All I know is to cry that time and -

"Hey Miss! What happens to you? I don't know what happened but cheer up!"

A strange guy approaches me and cheer me up. I didn't thought that his word attaches to my heart. He even gave me his umbrella and smile then leave. I didn't have a chance to talk to him or to say thank you to him. But all I know, he change me and my situation.

Susundan ko sana sya but he already taken a bus. And then I realized something. Nahulog nya ang ID nya in front of the bus station.

"Suarez, Joash Aldrei C."

So that's his name.

Luckily I found someone wearing the same uniform as him.

"Hello can you give this to this person. He drop it at the bus station. I think he needed it to enter your school. Thank you!"

Umalis nalang ako at nagmadaling humanap ng tricycle.

I need to hurry! My Dad is in a bad shape. I need to say sorry to him.

I rushed to the hospital and I saw Mom crying.

"This is your fault. It's your fault!" Mom cried to me habang hinahampas hampas ako

"I'm so sorry Ma! I didn't know that this will happen. I'm really sorry."

"How would your sorry help us? Will your sorry change everything?"

"Ma! I really didn't want this to happen. It's just I didn't like going to school."

"Let's wait here until you Dad wakes up!"

We waited for an hour and finally the Doctor show up.

"Good Afternoon Mrs. Cruz, I'm here to tell you a good news and a bad news. Good news is that your husband didn't get any serious condition and buti nalang po is naisugod nyo po agad sya sa hospital and also a good news that he can recover easily. It will only take 1-2 months of recovery. But the bad side is that he cannot talk anymore and I am sorry to say that. His throat is the one badly affected. That's all thank you!"

"Huh-hu! This is not happening! W-why did he need to suffer like this!" umiyak si Mama ng umiyak.

Wala akong ibang ginawa kung hindi ang icheer up si Mama. I didn't know what to do and that's all i can. I fell responsible for all of this mess.

Nasa tabi lang kami ni Papa ng mga oras na iyon nang biglang pumasok ang isang nurse.

"Hello Mrs. Cruz, I am here to tell you that your husband can recover easily if your family will always talk to him, do what makes him happy and of course drink his medicines. Always talking to him will make him more active. Also doing what makes him happy will of course he will be happy and at the same time it will help him remember things about him and your family. And also he need to take his medicines."

"Thank you Nurse Joy!" sagot ko

Mom is still speachless. After that Dad wakes up but he feels dizzy that's why we call the Doctor.

The doctor says that it is normal for someone who got stroke to feel dizziness when they wakes up.

My father holds my hand and says, "You need to go to school for me." then he smiled.

Hindi ko na namalayan na tumutulo na pala ang mga luha ko. I didn't know what to say that's why I hug my father and say sorry.

After that I promised to my Dad that I will go to school and do my best. This is the only way I think para makatulong kay Dad and to pay what I did.

At School

"Hello Miss! Where is the Teacher's Faculty po? I think naliligaw po ako."

"Ohh so you are the new transferee am I right?"

"Yes po."

"Come with me. Kanina ka pa nilang inaantayan and they also contacted you. We thought that maybe something happens to you while going here."

"I'm so sorry. There is just a emergency. My dad got stroke and we need to bring him to the hospital."

"My bad. I think that is a valid reason naman kaya don't worry they won't get mad at you."

"Thank you po! Miss?"

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself first. I' am Mrs. Mendoza and I am a History Teacher here."

"Nice to meet you po Mrs. Mendoza. Thank you po sa pag gaguide."

After going to the teacher faculty. Mrs. Mendoza show me my classroom.

"Okay class! Please welcome your new classmate!"

I enter the room full of students smiling at me.

"Please introduce yourself to us."

"Hi! I'am Zamantha Cruz, 18 years old.  And I like playing computer games. That's all thank you!"

Pagkatapos noon ay pinaupo na ako ng amin teacher.

"Okay Zamantha, you can take the seat beside Mr. Suarez."

"Suarez?"