Chapter Three: Pastel Palettes

University life turned out to be not as harsh as Soobin imagined throughout his high school years.

For the first semester, he only took 4 subjects: 2 majors and 2 minors that ain't a bit related to his business field yet are mandatory to attend for full uni credits- such as basic thai and website creation. Still the classes are easy- at least for Soobin, not to mention, he only has one or two classes each day depending on his assigned schedule.

Despite not having the same lecture periods with his newly formed friends- the five boys always hang out almost everyday. The lecture-period free ones always wait for the ones with the classes in that lavish yet cozy student longue.

Everyday was like living through the typical teenage life- all fun and games minus the drinking or clubbing part because somehow all of them lack interest in those sort of fun.

Whenever noon hits, the whole squad would ran to catch the train like there's no tomorrow. Then proceeding to go in and out of different malls just for the pleasure of window shopping - especially with yeonjun going crazy over every clothing shops while Kai always ended up dragging all of them to Animate, the shop that sells everything related to japanese anime or manga or even doll figures.

Once their energy has been drained from all the fooling, the boys would find restaurant to settle down - hotpots, buffets, korean food or just subway- varying everyday depending on their moods. Visiting to Karaoke, bowling place or that one arcade is such a must, once a week.

On lazy days, the squad would gather at star bucks to either finish assignments or to play UNO- which always ended up with groans and ear splitting laughter and it's always a mystery why the owner of the cafe never attempted to kick them out. Beomgyu said it's because of his handsome face but okay whatever floats his boat right?

There were even sleepovers. It was nothing out of ordinary for all the boys to sleepover at each other's places but most of the time, they gather at soobin's place.

"Yours is near to the university" was what they reasoned but soobin, of course doesn't mind it. Despite being chaotic, their presence is always enjoyable. Soobin never knew doing just these mundane things can fell into the category of fun. In his defense, the dull high school life of his has been the thing that got him to where he is now. In the end, those efforts did pay off well.

Out of all the things, in the end of the day, what soobin simply loves is to walk back to his apartment under the lively glistening lights that adorned the night together with the stars from the sky. He always goes back home around 9 pms or at maximum- 11 pms.

No matter the time, Bangkok city is always lit up by lamp posts or the little food vendors neatly opening on the side of the wide streets plus the lights from the never ending vehicles on the road aid more shine within the serene night. Honestly, if soobin were to be born an artist, he would be holding up his sketch book every night just to capture the ravishing picture of night aesthetic from his viewpoint.

What fascinating is the way soobin is able to fit in with the group perfectly and quickly- almost as he has been friends with them for years already.