eight

The amount of times she almost got caught selling meth or marijuana by Harry was unbelievable. Couple times at the beach, the mall, and when they're driving on the highway at the stoplight. Yeah, Maui is that small, everyone knows everyone. Especially Leilani.

Leilani was selling one last bag of meth behind the senior homes, where there was road trail leading to a park, a community pool, tennis courts and fields. It was a weird set up but very useful for families. Leilani was standing by a big banyan tree, waiting for her friend Katrina, who was the one who wanted the bag of meth for this big party tonight, which Leilani was invited to too but she'd rather just spend time with Harry.

Leilani's phone vibrated and it was Katrina calling. "Trina, I don't have all day. Where are you?"

"Sorry! I had to pick up some things for the party, and I am also in a rush so could you come meet me around the block, the park's parking lot instead, I'm almost there like thirty seconds away." Leilani said okay, quickly driving around the block to park at the far end of the park's parking lot.

It was dead. Rarely anyone was around, which was odd because it's a Friday afternoon and families are usually here for picnics and what not.

Leilani never sell's during the broad daylight but since Katrina was her friend for years, it was acceptable. It was gonna be a quick drop anyways and Harry kept blowing up her phone. She never answers his calls or texts while she out doing her 'job'.

Seconds later, Trina pulls up right in front of Leilani's car, Trina hands her the stack of cash and Leilani gives her the bag of white powder.

"Leilani?" Leilani drops the meth into Trina's lap so it's out of sight as her heart pounds against her chest, she whips her head around and Harry is standing next to his rental car, couple feet away from Trina's car, eyebrows furrowed in confusion as of why she's holding a stack of cash.

"Fuck. Just wait." Leilani says to Trina and she nods and smiles sympathetically.

"Harry before yo-" His facial expression changes once he realizes what's happening in front of him and Harry's heart just hurts and so is Leilani's just by the look on his face, she's know he knows.

Before Harry speeds off, he shook his head, mouth in a firm thin line and eyebrows furrowed in frustration. Leilani called out for him but it was really no use, he was long gone.

"Thank you. Sorry about Harry." Trina says and she drives off when Leilani nods her head, sadly smiling.

Leilani sits in her car, her mind fuzzy, she doesn't know what to do so she bangs her hands against her steering wheel in frustration. Screaming 'fuck' over and over and over again.

She calls Colin. He answers on the first ring.

"Harry knows. He fucking knows. So if he asks me to choose between this life and him, I'm choosing him. I can't- fuck Colin. I'd do anything for him. Fuck I don't even know if he'll take me back. Colin I'm sorry. P-please." Leilani breaks out in sobs.

"Leilani, you'll always be part of this. Always. You know that."

"Colin! I can't! Help me! Just let m-me go. I- I can't do it anymore. Please. I'm begging you. Fucking begging."

"Fuck, Leilani. Okay, fine. You'll always be apart of this but the only way to not deal with anything is if you leave the island. Go to the mainland."

"Really? Yo-you'll let me leave? I - Colin. Fuck okay." Leilani stops her sobs, wiping her tear stained cheek.

"Yeah, just be careful okay? Hope things go okay with Harry."