Part 7

On the morning of the following day, a young man clad in green awoke from a startling phenomenon. The young man is named Link, upon the back of his left hand emits the Triforce insignia with the bottom right triangle of the insignia emanating the golden glow. Link: "Oh, no."

Upon this most surprising outcome, he takes his leave immediately. On the back of a steed, he rode across the vast land of Hyrule at great speed. I took notice of this and observed him while I, myself, remained unseen. I kept on him as he pressed on. He soon arrived at a large castle, that which I presumed to be Hyrule Castle. Upon his arrival at the front gate, he dismounted from his steed and approached the guards that stood before the gate. Link: "Good morning, gentlemen." Guard: "Ah, good day, Link. Our faire princess has been expecting your arrival. You may enter. She has been waiting for you." Link: "Thank you."

He entered the castle posthaste. Shortly, he found the princess, Zelda, within one of the chambers. She gazed out of a window from the opposite end of the chamber, with her back turned. She turned her head behind her and caught sight of Link. Zelda: "Link..."

She turned around entirely and diverts her full attention towards him. Zelda: "It is...good to see you again." Link: "Thank you for meeting with me, Zelda. I have something important that I need to talk to you about." Zelda: "Yes, of course. Link, not only did I anticipate your arrival, but I know why you came: you want to talk to me about the Triforce. You received one of the pieces, didn't you?" Link: "Uh! Yeah, that's right. How could you have known about that?" Zelda: "Because I awoke this morning to a very shocking discovery."

She held up her left hand and shows him the back of it. Zelda: "I, too, have obtained a piece of the Triforce."

The Triforce insignia illuminated on her hand, to which the bottom left triangle emitted the golden glow. Zelda: "From this, I suspected the same thing happened to you, since I couldn't think of anyone more qualified to receive the Triforce of Courage." Link: "Hm, good point." Zelda: "That being said, if we happen to receive these 2 pieces, that could only mean 1 thing. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Link: "Yes. Someone tried to steal the Triforce."

Within a moment's notice, a messenger charged into the chamber, startling both Link and Zelda. He halted in front of them, catching his breath before he spoke. Messenger: "Faire princess of Hyrule! I have come to you with terrible news!"

He paused for a brief moment as he panted repetitively and heavily. Zelda: "Out with it, good man! What seems to be the problem?" Messenger: "It's the Sages in the desert! They have been assaulted last evening!" Link: "What!?!" Zelda: "Oh my gosh! Tell me, how did this happen!?!" Messenger: "It was horrible! Reports indicate that there were 2 assailants responsible for the foul deed and one of them was...Ganondorf!!" Zelda: "No!!! This can't be!!!" Link: "Hold on, you said there were 2 assailants. Who was the other one?" Messenger: "I'm not sure, but it seems to have been a witch with long, black hair." Zelda: "A witch!?! And no one knows who this witch is?" Messenger: "No, but it gets worse than that! Ganondorf has obtained one of the pieces of the Triforce!" Zelda: "No!! This...this is inconceivable!!"

The messenger charged out of the chamber much quicker than he had entered. Link: "This is absolutely dreadful." Zelda: "Hm...there would be no doubt in my mind that the piece he possesses is the Triforce of Power." Link: "No doubt about it! With that piece in his hand, it could only be a matter of time before Hyrule falls into chaos." Zelda: "But I don't understand. How could he have obtained a piece of the Triforce? Even more so, who is this witch that was mentioned just now? What exactly is going on?" Myself: "Perhaps I can shed some enlightenment on this dire situation." Link: "Huh? Who said that?" Myself: "I did."

From a bright flash of light, I appeared before them. Myself: "Hello, I have been most eager to find you both. I am elated that I was able to do so." Zelda: "You were...trying to find us?" Link: "Who are you and what do you know of what has been happening?" Myself: "My name is Glentina. I can tell you that the black haired witch be my sister, Malbella." Zelda: "Malbella?" Link: "Your sister? Please, tell us everything you know." Myself: "I would be glad to."