2.15: Intertwined

Violet

Violet

I cursed under my breath, checking the time on my gold-strapped watch, a gift from Frederik when the club had stayed hassle-free for two months straight - an odd celebratory gift for lack of human death but I'd decided not to mention that at the time. I'd chosen to hide myself in the back of Giorti, expecting, if anything at all, a sign would appear before me and explain in better detail what my sisters had failed to convey.

They'd managed to convince me something terrible was going to happen, and it was both too late and too soon at the same time. Which left me wondering if it was preventable at all. Something was bad enough to make the very essence of life drain from my little sister's face - I'd never seen her so distraught, despite being increasingly in love with a vampire who was excessive in his desire for danger and risk. Then again, that might be a direct result of being in love with a woman, and witch, he can't have.

All I was clear on, is that I had been given pieces of information that didn't give me a clear direction of where to go. I could rely on the fact my sisters had never led me astray, and at this point, it was unlikely they'd intentionally do so now. That didn't ease the confused state I'd found myself in, tapping at the frayed wooden surface of the table in unrhythmic beats.

As vigilant as I was, there was nothing within the club that was giving me any clues. To the point I'd found myself focusing on the quiet conversation happening a few tables over, Resia, one of the girls who 'worked' here on spontaneous days was in tedious conversation with Antine. He was here every day looking for a new young neck to take a bite from - if Central were to come knocking, he'd be one of the first I'd point a finger of blame at.

I had to wonder if the two had connected over their shared silver locks; a trait that was shared between a rare number of members within the fourth bloodline. The blue eyes they both possessed really added to this whole ethereal effect they had going on; it was no wonder they weren't short of takers, humans practically lining up to receive either dances or fangs - they weren't choosey either way.

That didn't interest me, of course. In fact, the conversation barely held my interest, but I listened anyway. Antine was currently knitting; a hobby I didn't picture him doing, but I recalled on varying occasions he tended to sport knitted scarves of delicately crafted and complicated designs. He seemed entirely focused on this activity, but talked anyway.

"I was expecting you to be with that recurring customer, Resia," He had muttered, speaking as though it was the only conversation starter he had available to him, despite their common interests; having overheard them speaking vividly of the opera and the arts, a shared taste in blood, and an incredibly close taste in people - having passed around several partners in the time I'd known them. He had decided to think about this statement a little more, adding the much-needed details of who he was talking about - at least for my sake, "You know the one with the tattoo on his neck that's always the first through the door? What is it again... AB?"