IT'S MY FAULT

Sana

After almost an hour of crying, I left the room, because I couldn't just let Jeongwoo by himself, especially because he needed to be taken care of. Who knows if Dahyun would have enough time to check on her son?

Not everyone knows this but our little baby has a weak heart. Our doctors told us that at this stage, it is still curable, and it was a good thing that we were able to detect the heart disease at this early stage. We were just glad that our baby wouldn't have to undergo any major surgeries, as long as he would be able to have a proper diet and exercise, since his body is still developing.

When I checked on him, he was happily chatting with his cousins, and they are thankfully not running around.

I looked around and I saw Dahyun not far away from Jeongwoo and looking over him. I smiled a little knowing that even though Dahyun and I might be a lost cause, she would still prioritize Jeongwoo over anyone else.

Dahyun's father was waving at me and tapped the seat beside him, indicating that he wanted me to come over, which I did. I don't want to be forced to interact with Dahyun and Irene right now, and I'm thankful for the invitation by my soon to be ex-father-in-law.

He was drinking from his cup which I suspect is full of beer and soju, smiling at me from ear to ear as I reached him.

Right now, he looks very happy and content with the scene unfolding before him, their family is here, and were having fun, he was also giving little glances over to Dahyun and I know that he's happy that he was able to spend time with that daughter of his.

"I know that you're not okay. You haven't been okay since my foolish daughter left you alone, but I just needed to let you know that no matter what, you will always be treated like our real daughter. I would gladly even disinherit Dahyun and replace her with you instead." He jokingly added at the end.

"No need for that kind of flattery, abeonim." I giggled.

"I'm not lying!" he defended.

"I know, but I'm fine. Or... I guess I don't have a choice but to be fine?" I honestly responded and he gave me a small smile as I peered up to him.

"Also, I don't care if you found someone else to love besides Dahyun. It wouldn't be fair to you to stop your life for anyone. I just needed you to know that too, and I'm sure your eomeonim feels the same. We want what's best for you and our grandchild, and if it's not my daughter then we would gladly accept whoever can give you happiness." he sighed and wrapped his arms around me, "I'm sorry, honey. For all the pain that my daughter has caused you. I've tried to ask her what is happening but she just wouldn't tell me."

"I'm scared, abeonim. I'm scared that I'm being a bad person for still having hope, for still believing that somehow, Dahyun would find her way back home to us. I'm also scared that our end is really coming." I looked down, trying to hide the tears that are again forming in my eyes.

"You love her, and it's scary to let go of that love. I've witnessed how your love blossomed, and I was there when it was all shattered, and I honestly couldn't look at your father's eyes because of Dahyun. I'm just glad that your father is somehow not angry at me." Our fathers are best of friends, and it would suck if their relationship would be affected by all the drama around Dahyun and I.

I looked over to where Dahyun was and Irene was hugging her. Abeonim pulled my head towards him, "You'll be okay, Sana."

"I hope so."

"You know, I never thought that she proposed to you too early, because I know that the two of you would always end up together with the way you can't get enough of each other. And getting married, although it was a next-level commitment, it never bothered me, but now... looking back, do you think we're wrong for pushing you two together?" he asked wistfully. "It would make sense if you'd feel bad about us."