[M][TW] REALITY

Sana

Faster! Faster! Faster!

I need to see Dahyun. I can't be without her. I can't. I can't.

"Mina! Please can't we go faster?" I asked my friend due to the panic that I'm feeling. Jeongwoo's still crying beside me but I don't have the time to make him stop. My brain was just too focused on getting to the hospital.

This is taking too long. And my patience is wearing thin.

I feel like my head's going to explode with worry.

I can't.

I just can't.

I need the pain to stop.

My head feels like a vise that also has a ticking time bomb, each tick a painful throbbing between my eyes.

"Sana... Sana! You'll be okay.. Breathe... just breathe..." I heard Mina tell me over and over as she navigated our way to the hospital.

Why? Why would I be okay? Dahyun... Dahyun should be the one who...

"We're almost there, Sana. We're almost there."

Jeongwoo's skin looked pale against the white seat cover as I took his small hands and squeezed them, pressing my eyes shut. It's been more than thirty minutes since we started to drive towards the hospital. I kept worrying about what's going to happen next. No matter how much Mina tries to make me feel relaxed, I just can't— nothing she says makes me feel any better, fear still gripping my heart. The last time that I was in a hospital—No, I don't want to think about it.

I looked at Jeongwoo who's looking pale — another thing that she inherited from Dahyun— he's quiet and just holding my hand. I hated seeing him like this— small and helpless. He was always a loud child — a Minatozaki trade — and seeing him like this made my heart ache. I scared him. I sighed, and pressed a kiss on the top of his head, letting out a shaky breath.

As soon as we arrived at the hospital, there were a lot of staff who looked like they were waiting for us. "Mrs. Kim?"

"Yes, that's me. Where is she?" I asked in a panicked voice. Almost pushing everyone out of the way. "Dahyun? Dahyun?" I called out, forgetting all about my friend Mina who was following my every step.

Then I saw her. She's there— oh, thank God she's here. "Sana!" she exclaimed. "Calm down, baby. I'm here. I'm right here." She took Jeongwoo from me, and lifted him. They really have uncanny similarities. I followed Dahyun, as a surge of relief washed over me, "Are you okay? I thought— I thought..."

I can't bring myself to continue saying those words. I don't trust myself not to burst out crying. Dahyun must be feeling the same way, because instead of answering, she just nodded, tears pricking at her eyes, threatening to spill. She released a sigh after checking on Jeongwoo and she went near me at a painfully slow pace. "Are you okay?" she asked in a small voice, deep lines of sadness on her face as she gestured for me to sit on the hospital bed. I shouldn't have hidden Jeongwoo from her— there was no real threat, it was really irrational— but I did it anyway. I took a long step forward, throwing my hands around Dahyun's middle and pressed my cheek against her chest as I let out silent sobs.

Dahyun's hands slowly reached up, wrapping themselves around my frame, keeping me steady in my place as I let go of everything, only leaning on Dahyun as my shoulders went up and down in sobs. Dahyun's fingers found my head, stroking my messy hair kindly as she hushed me, allowing me to cry until I felt like I was empty— still, the tears rolled down my cheeks. "I was— I was so scared, Dahyun," I choked, not caring that we didn't share stuff like that anymore. That we are not wives anymore— not for real— and we weren't partners. I didn't care. Dahyun's here and she looked so strong and yet so vulnerable and I was so sick of being alone. I let out a whimper against her chest, my grip tightening around her. "I was— I was so scared," I repeated over and over.