Chapter 9 - school (edited)

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

Great!

My freaking phone just woke me up before my alarm goes off.

Just great!

And I'm gonna kill whoever this caller is that trying to call me this early.

And as I grab my phone and check the caller with my squinting eyes, in seconds, it became bigger when I saw Santiago's name on the screen.

Oh Shit!

"Santiago" As I answered my phone. My voice was low because I don't want to wake her up yet as it's still early.

"Dario, my work here is not yet finished so I can't come home right now. Can you look for her just for few hours? I can't trust anyone but you." Santiago said at the other line, and to be honest I couldn't help but smile to myself, because of all the people, he chooses me to take good care of her.

To say that I proud is understatement.

"Ofcourse San, but I have exam today. Can I bring her to school?" I asked and I heard him saying incoherent words.

"Fine, but drive slowy and don't let her get hurt. I swear to god if—-." But I cut him off before he became hysterical.

"San, I will take good care of her. Don't worry and just finish your work there." I reassured him and wait for his reply before cutting the line and go back to sleep again as I still have 30 minutes.

So once he said okay, I immediately close my phone, but before I could put the phone over the table, Santiago sent me a message telling me all Antonia's morning routine and I rolled my eyes because come on, it's basic stuff. I mean I can handle it even without his help.

"Piccola wake up, I have good news for you." I cooed while tickling her side. It's time to get up and I just figured that she's the hardest person to wake up in the morning.

I admit, I am, but this kid beats me Man!

Whenever I call her name she will bury her little head on the pillow and saying words that I can't understand.

But if she didn't wake up now, we're gonna be late.

"Morning sleepy head." I told her after she finally turned her face to me with still closed eyes. And I couldn't hold it anymore and chuckle at her cuteness.

She is so adorable that I want to pinch her cute cheeks but I'm afraid that she will get hurt and it's the last thing that I wanted.

"Good Morning Zio." She greeted back and slowly open her eyes but yawn afterwards and I'm wondering why she's so sleepy, as we went early to bed.

"Good Morning Piccola. How's your sleep."

"I slept good. Where's Papa?" She asked and I wonder if she's referring to Santiago.