Chapter 12 - face to face (edited)

"Her name is Lucia Costa, she's 22 and got her degree in Business Management at the age of 18

"Her name is Lucia Costa, she's 22 and got her degree in Business Management at the age of 18." And I raised my brow at him after giving me a brief info about our new chef.

"I know what you're thinking, I thought the same too and believe me when I said that her only reason is because she wanted to continue her mother's legacy. Can you believe that?" Franco said but I frowned at what he said because it's not what I meant.

"But it's not the reason, I mean it's not big deal for me if she got her degree at 18, smart people could really do that, my Antonia can do that too in the near future." I said with proud smirk towards him.

"My Antonia huh? Anyway what's the reason?"

"It's a woman." I said in deadpan tone.

"No shit sherlock. Okay. Explain."

"Well, as far as I remember, you never hired a woman. It's always a man because of simple reason that woman may not focus to their work because they more concern about their appearance in front of them. So what changed?"

"I actually didn't think about anything else when I hired her. But she intrigued me. Though there's no need to worry. She's clean, no police records. I checked her background before I did the interview." And his statement put me on edge.

"Franco, you know that everything can be altered, modified and omitted. We can't simply assumed that she's clean just because she has no police records and you know that." I reprimand as in our line of work, you cannot trust anyone. She probably apply to this job to infiltrate us.

But on the other hand, she might be an innocent too, that only wanted to get a job and nothing else.

And with five of us that always wary of new people, she won't stay long if she's a traitor because we can know.

"Yeah, you're correct. Anyway, you have the last say with this San, I mean it's still upto you, if you want her to work with us or not."

"Okay, I'll talk to her." I said before pulling up the car.

While I'm heading towards the mansion, my mind was preoccupied by Antonia. I miss her so much and can't wait to see her.

After Dario told me that he brought her to park, I couldn't help but smile because she's probably has so much stories to tell me and I can't wait to hear it. And I think, she's probably home right now.

When I open the door, as I expected she's here and she's running straight to me with a wide smile that melt my heart into a puddle. She looks so happy and I couldn't wait to feel her through my arms.

"Papa"

"Hello my principessa, I missed you so much." I told her and spun her around. To her delight, she giggles from top of her lungs that sounds like a music to my ears.

"I missed you too Papa." She said and kiss me on my cheek. Her tiny arms wrapped around my neck and I can't help but look at her in adoration and love.

"How's my baby? Have you had a good day with Uncle Dario?" I asked and to my amusement, she pouts her lips until her eyes grew bigger like she remembered something.