𝑐ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒

Practice, practice, practice. That's all NCT seemed to know these days. From sticker to favorite to nct 2021, the back to back comebacks were getting to people.

127 just ended their practice for their upcoming world tour and they all were tiredly laying on the ground of the practice room. Don't get them wrong, the group was excited to finally see their fans in person again but man this was exhausting.  Hwayoung on the verge of sleep felt a heavy weight lay onto her. Groaning, she opened her eyes and was met face to face with their puppy like member, Jungwoo.

"What do you want?" She groaned, attempting to push him off her, but failed anyways.

"For you to confess." He grinned.

Hwayoung raised her eyebrow, eyeing him suspiciously. "Confess to what Woo?"

"To falling for our dear Jaehyun,"

Jungwoo had made Hwayoung go speechless. Hwayoung blinked at Jungwoo as he started to laugh in her face.

"Oh come on Yoonie, it's so obvious that you both like each other why not make it official. It's the perfect time for it also!" Jungwoo exclaimed.

"Jungwoo no," she whined. "I don't want to ruin what we have now."

"Hwayoung, it's worth the try." Jungwoo sighed. Him along with the other members were tired of hearing and seeing Jaehyun and Hwayoung dance around each other because they were scared. They told Jaehyun the same thing. While Jungwoo was talking to Hwayoung, Taeyong was talking to Jaehyun.

"Dude this is the perfect time to tell her. It could be like a christmas gift you know?" Taeyong exclaimed.

"But hyung," whined Jaehyun.

"No buts, just do it,"

Sighing, Jaehyun looked up at Taeyong, "I will, when the right time comes,"

Back to Hwayoung and Jungwoo...

"Fine. I'll consider it I guess," Hwayoung exaggerated. Jungwoo finally got off the girl and helped her up as Taeyong announced it was time to go home.

Hwayoung dragged her feet behind the group, wishing she could just teleport to her bed.

Jaehyun noticed she was a little behind the group so he stepped back and waited for her. Falling in step with her, he gently grabbed her bag and swung his arm around hers.

"You're kinda struggling back here aren't you?" Jaehyun chuckled. Hwayoung rolled her eyes but smiled at him anyways.

"Don't judge, I'm tired,"

"I can tell," he laughed.

"Yah, if you came back here to laugh at me go back to the group," Hwayoung groaned, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry, I'm done yoonie,"

The rest of the walk was in silence. A peaceful one. Jaehyun and Hwayoung took their time resulting in them having to take the last van alone. How convenient...

Just as they got into the van, Jaehyun's phone lit up with a message from Jungwoo.

𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 ☺︎︎

Shaking his head, he set his and Hwayoung's stuff down in the trunk and got into the seat next to Hwayoung.

Hwayoung was trying her best to stay awake the rest of the ride, secretly wanting to enjoy the time alone she had with Jaehyun but her body says otherwise. Her eyes filled with sleep, she couldn't help but start to close them. She tried to keep her head up right but that was failing also. Jaehyun noticing her struggle, reached up and gently pushed Hwayoung's head onto his shoulder, feeling the girl relax, he grabbed her hand and intertwined it with his own.

After a while, one of their managers in the front of the car spoke up.

"Jaehyun, when are you going to confess?"

"Soon. I promise." He sighed, brushing Hwayoung's hair back. "Soon."

Hwayoung woke up to the familiar sight of her room

Hwayoung woke up to the familiar sight of her room. Yawing and stretching she sat up in bed as Jaehyun entered her room.

"Oh-I I didn't know you were awake, I was just coming to check on you," He stuttered.

Smiling at him, she motioned for him to come closer. "Thanks for checking on me,"

"Do you wanna watch a movie with me? I think they have How the Grinch stole Christmas on netflix?" She quietly asked, suddenly the skin around her fingers became more interesting. Hwayoung doesn't know why she was nervous. But she was.

"Sure, uh do you want me to come up there...next to you?" He responded. Nodding her head, Jaehyun shuffled up to sit next to Hwayoung as she turned on her tv and played the movie.

A little into the movie Hwayoung had laid her head onto his shoulder and their hands somehow intertwined. His thumb doing slow and soft movements against her hand.

To be honest Jaehyun wasn't really paying attention to the movie. He was paying attention to the way Hwayoung's face lit up while watching her favorite movie.

Soon. He promised himself. He will confess soon.