Marked

The week seemed to go on forever, so she couldn't believe it was barely Wednesday. Worst of all, she was still grumbling internally about her missed Friday night and praying that the new Friday would come soon.

"I thought your phone was working perfectly."

She had paused and was checking her messages, among these she had one from the Club, Puma was asking to see her on Sunday, the last time she saw him was almost 3 months ago, he was going out of the country and promised to look for her when he came back, she refused the meeting and deleted the message, at that moment another one arrived she didn't even bother to read which affiliate it was from before refusing and deleting it as well.

"Ah yes, I lied," she shrugged, "it didn't want to turn on again."

"And you exchanged it for that model?"

"I wasn't willing to pay more, mind your own business, Hyūga," she looked for her wallet in her purse, "I'm going out."

"When you come back ask for these records," he handed her a note, she exhaled heavily, perfect! more work. She looked up the number, saved simply as 'Kankuro S 2' and dialed him after buying a tea.

"Hello?" he answered on the second ring.

"It's me, I need a favor."

"I am also very well, thanks for asking."

"I'm sorry, I have a very big and horrible case."

"Are you eating?"

"Yes, Fox... I am a judicious hare and I have my carrots in my purse."

"Those are the rabbits" she made an exasperated noise, "are you seriously eating or will I have to go?"

"Yes, seriously."

"I'll check on your exams, which are in a month by the way."

"I know... regarding the favor."

"Ah yes, this is my professional line," he pretended to cough on the other side of the line, "Three Club, this is the director speaking, how can I help you?"

"I need to change the time availability."

"You know that's done in person, it must be written in your own handwriting. Just turn down the appointments and that's it."

"I can't be too hung up on my cell phone to be deleting messages, please?"

"You stipulated it yourself," she didn't answer, "okay, but this is the last time I do you this kind of favor."

"That's what you always tell me."

"Someday I'll keep it, what days will I let you?"

"Only on Friday afternoons, did Temari tell you about the masks?"

"Yes, since my time you didn't sleep on the facilities, and no one else has complained about it."

"I think it's because I'm the only one who knows the owners."

"Fine, I'll put it on my to-do list."

"You don't have a to-do list."

"I know... I'll try to improve yours in some way, but don't take it off like you did with me."

"I never do... Thanks."

"Call me one of these days to my other number, I have to hang up," he didn't wait for her to answer him.

In her time in the courts, between the excessive workload and her classes, she used to arrive late to her home, and she didn't always manage to cook. When she was just an assistant, her salary made it difficult for her to buy lunch, so she would skip that meal with just a tea or some snack, and unfortunately she developed that bad habit, when she was overwhelmed with work her stomach would close and she could not eat anything from the time she left home in the morning until she returned at evenings. Kankuro discovered it because she lost a couple of pounds on one occasion, since then every time he saw her too stressed with her work, he would show up to make her eat, since they had broken up he only had to do it twice, and she hoped to keep it that way. Although her conviction wasn't very strong, it was almost noon and she already had a tea in her hand.