Hunting

He got to the office early that Monday, on Sunday he had tried to think a bit about what had happened at the Club, but the truth was that he just felt like sleeping and recovering a bit. Why use the treadmill if he had done that much cardio with his hare? Because they had finally said goodbye at almost 1pm. He played with a small anti-stress ball, passing it from hand to hand, he had some private research to do but didn't know where to start.

Designer, architect, publicist, administrator or accountant, not lawyer, it was a large number of professions although he believed she could direct his efforts to the first 3, people used to give half-truths when lying and usually put her in the initial options believing that no one would suspect it. His knowledge of a short diploma in criminalistics was of some use, for that and to match the forged signature with those of insurance, but he would think about that when his obliged office partner arrived.

He had those possible careers, if he got a head taller than her it meant she was between 5'5" and 5'7" although the way he could handle her, he was going more for the lower option, between 30 and 35 because someone under that age wouldn't have the confident she had, brunette and with enough capital to pay a membership just for sex. It was a wide range of options, he opened his laptop not knowing what exactly to type into the search engine.

He started with designers in the city, looking at the pictures of the first ones that appeared, in the creative world they didn't usually leave their hair in a natural color, he saw blue hair, pink, and various shades of rainbow, but not just brown, plus in that world they were a little more expressive with their bodies, to say the least, and tattoos were usual. His hare had no tattoos, of that he was completely sure since he had seen and kissed her skin inch by inch, unless of course she had something tattooed on her forehead or face which was the only thing covered. But he doubted it, before reaching for the next run he heard the characteristic clacking of Tenten's heels.

"Good morning," she greeted, he answered with a nod without seeing her, "on Thursday we will make a splice, I need to know what exactly you are working on," he wanted to laugh and tell her that he was working on locating a prey, "and what we have advanced in... or regressed in," he heard her complete in a low voice.

"Perfect," it was good to see that he wasn't the only one frustrated by being more and more buried in information.

He closed the tab he didn't need at that moment and started watching the security videos in which the missing car appeared, looking for other possible cameras that had captured it and hopefully they could still ask for those recordings, after a couple of hours he sent some emails and turned his attention to the signatures, looking for his digital books on the important ridges and peaks to compare them himself, during all that time lapse she had gotten up several times, but he paid no attention to her.

The knocking on the door marked lunch time so he went out with Shino, and when he came back in he noticed a gigantic bottle of water on the table. When she returned and he heard her drinking from the bottle, he looked up. Noticing that she was wearing an absurd turtleneck garment and was blushing.

"Take that off, Ama."

"What?" her voice was somewhere between annoyed and surprised.

"Take off that sweater," she turned completely red.

"I'm not drunk or drugged to accept a suggestion from you to undress me," he snorted.

"As if I would want to do such a thing, but at this moment even I feel hot just looking at you, autumn hasn't even started for you to be so warm," he pointed to the water bottle, "you are overheated and that's why you drink so much water, your constant bathroom breaks for that reason waste valuable time of the case."