Trial

Shino called him on Sunday night to ask him to pick him up, his friend had asked for the day off to go to the trial to accompany him and since it was in the center of the city it was difficult to find parking so it was better not to take his own vehicle. Cheap excuses, what his friend really wanted was to be in the front row at the reunion between him and Tenten. In any case, he accepted and was there first thing in the morning to hurry him so as not to be late.

Upon entering the site he carried the laptop and what they had agreed for the first day, crossing the division that separated the 2 areas and unloaded everything on the table designated for them. The Aburame and Kiba had hit it off well and were sitting together behind him, it was 5 minutes to the appointed time when Tenten entered. Without seeing him she dropped her purse and coat on the back of the chair before smiling at her boss waving him over.

"Well, well," the lawyer for the defendants had entered almost behind her, the man wasn't the one who had attended the opening arguments. It was Sasuke. "Ama and Hyūga."

"Uchiha," he replied.

"I must say that no one ever expected to see you two on the same side of the table," bad choice of words, he could see Tenten's hand clench into a fist and hear an uncontrollable cough from Shino, "is everything alright Aburame?"

"Sorry," his friend was red, covering himself with a tissue, "coffee guilt."

"It must be fascinating for you the anticipation of seeing real practicing lawyers, Will you ever stop being Hyūga's pet?"  the red tone was no longer from coughing, "by the way, Ama."

"What do you want, Uchiha?"

"A friend of my wife's just got single, she's blonde and voluptuous, I can introduce you to her," how come she had war declared on him and not someone like Sasuke?

Before she answered, the bailiff announced the judge's entrance, so everyone took their places and remained silent. The man read the regulatory protocol, the jury entered and the charges to be tried were explained, including the one added by the insurance company.

The first thing was to choose which members of the jury would be dismissed, who would remain as principals and who would be backup in case they had to replace any of them. Sasuke asked the questions first, singling out 2 of them not to continue. Tenten asked some additional questions, and asked to remove 4 others. The pointed ones left apparently relieved not to have to continue, few people liked to be jurors.

As they were the prosecutors they had the first turn to speak, he had never seen Tenten litigating properly and it was amazing to see the way she owned the place, she spoke in just the right tone of voice to be heard perfectly but without shouting and without sounding like she was scolding, she walked confidently from side to side, made just the right pauses and showed a part of the presentation she had prepared.

The Uchiha for his part was intimidating, his voice had an arrogance in the background that made it difficult for anyone to empathize with what he was saying. The Uchiha emphasized that it was all inventions of the prosecutor against 3 poor men who had trusted her, and she had betrayed them, leaving aside what concerned the confidentiality agreement with the client and the necessary professionalism.

"Objection," she spoke firmly,  "it is slander, in the evidence it can be demonstrated that the defendants signed a contract that specifies my exact functions."

"Sustained."

"A contract with legal terms that are not understandable to everybody, there is no evidence that every single word was explained to them so that they fully understood what they were accepting, the lawyer cannot pretend that all educational levels understand it."