Jealousy

The last few weeks had gone by fast, that Monday in early November finally seemed to see the light at the end of the tunnel in that case. His progress so far? He took advantage of a Monday to go before work to take the medical exams required by the Club and at the same time renew his membership, which was about to run out.

Otherwise, everything was incredibly ambiguous to him. With Tenten in hare mode he sometimes felt he was close to getting her to confess her real profession but she held back, in fact to gauge her reaction, he made up that he had investigated an administrator who matched her measurements and she was silent for a while, she seemed angry and then simply told him to try his luck by talking to that woman. After that while he onslaught her, she had scratched him on the back drawing blood and had bitten him, no doubt marking him, and he found it almost funny that way of showing her jealousy.

As for what they were talking about he could already identify the real part of her answers, and that was largely due to the lawyerly Tenten. Thanks to Shino's absence, they were having lunch together for 2 weeks and it was becoming more and more obvious that she wasn't indifferent to him, but she seemed to remind herself that she hated him.

With his friend's return, he went out to lunch with him again. Although now they had a week in which they had to work side by side as they were consolidating the whole argument for the opening arguments, since on Thursday afternoon they had their court date. Thus seated he used to lower his gaze and remember the day he had seen the mark that made him know that she was the woman behind the mask, at times his head would become clouded and all he could think about was getting her up on the table and showing her that he was the same one who made her scream with pleasure every Friday... and Saturday morning. Fortunately every time that recurring thought struggled to become a reality, she got up and went to the kitchen for a herbal drink or went out to buy a tea.

Thursday morning he had stopped by the office for a while to pick up some folders to bring, Tenten had arranged to arrive directly at the meeting place. He arrived early at the courthouse, he was anxious. The place as always was a hive of people, she appeared almost half an hour later, she had a dark green dress that fitted nicely to her waist and then fell into a loose skirt to above the knees, completely enhancing her figure. In her hands she carried her coat and purse. He saw her greet several people and finally they entered the judge's office, he felt almost her assistant but the truth is that he didn't care, it was the day that would define if all their hard work had served for something.

The heirs' lawyer was from the Uchiha firm, but it wasn't Itachi or Sasuke, the man tried to deflect the accusation by using Tenten's initial contract with the heirs but the clause saved them. The debate between her, and the rival went on for quite a while, she had an answer for any attempt to deflect the issue and lessen the charges she was going to accuse. The judge listened to them carefully, saw the supports they were carrying and asked if there was a possibility of reaching any agreement, Tenten vehemently denied that option and the other lawyer maintained that his clients were innocent.

The end result was as expected, they would go to trial. She looked excited and explained that since it wasn't a court case the wait could be long, at any moment they would send them an email with the date and that would be the time they would have to have everything ready, but if they gave it to them quickly they were talking about at least 5, or 6 weeks, maybe up to january.

"Are we going to celebrate?" he dared to ask her

"Sure Hyūga, let's go to a bar... let's bet on who takes home the sexiest woman, and tomorrow we'll compare which reputation comes out worse off," he processed the words several times, was she that happy that she didn't realize what she had just admitted? He was about to comment to her about it when her phone started ringing and she answered at once. "I was about to write to you."