☾𝑌𝑒𝑙𝑙☾

TW: SUICIDE IS MENTIONED

December 6th, 1943
James

Lynn and I sat at the kitchen table, waiting for Maggie and Edward to come home from school. Lynn had her hand around a small white teacup. The teacup was white and had blue flowers.

The expression on her face was nothing but sadness, she stared at the dark tea in her cup. Her hazel eyes were glued to the tea. Her white teeth are bit at her pink bottom lip.

"He's going to yell Joe." She mumbles.

"Well, then I will tell him that he can't see Connie." Evelyn was talking about Edward. Edward has grown, He is now tall and looks exactly like Evelyn but also some of me. He went from clinging to Evelyn to not even speaking to her.

"He is going to have to break up with Connie anyway. Because we are moving him thousands of miles away." She sighs.

"I won't let him yell at you." I grab her free hand. She looks up at me. Her eyes looked worried but her mouth folded into a smile.

The door opens, We hear two voices. "Coach said that I should play football." Eddies voice boomed into the room.

"Okay, dickwad." Maggie mumbled.

They walked into the kitchen. Maggie's hair was brown with a red tint, her hair was curled and kept back with a light pink headband. She wore a blue dress with sneakers. She also had some mascara and red lipstick on. I could tell she stole the lipstick from Evelyn because Maggie wore pink lipstick not red. She looked like a young version of my mother.

I see Edward come into the kitchen, He wore a faded red snug sweater with black trousers. His hair was gelled. He looked happy. Edward enjoyed high school, unlike Maggie who stated a lot that she hated high school. She stated that while Edward was eating lunch in Quad with Connie Farwell. She ate lunch in the library in between the bookshelves.

"Maggie, Edward," I announce. They turn their heads. Maggie puts her book bag down. Edward wasn't carrying his.

Edward rolls his brown eyes. "Sit down," I whisper.

Maggie sits at the head of the table and Edward at the other end.

"Now you're mother and I have something to tell you guys." I notice Maggie and Edward look at each other.

"When's is it due." Edward blurted out. Evelyn turns her head to Edward and gives him a look that would even send me into a chill.

"Sorry, just usually when this happens you announce we will have a sibling and we know that it would either get kidnapped or die." Edward rolls his eyes.

"Edward James March, You will be quiet and let your father speak and if you interrupted again I will make sure you will like working the front desk," Evelyn shouts at Edward. He cowers.

"Well, I am just telling you guys that after next week, we will not be living at the hotel anymore. We will be moving up to Washington state." I finish the room and the house goes silent.

"Good I'm glad to get out of this dump." Maggie chirps.

"This is bullshit." Edward mumbles.

"Pardon?" I look at Edward.

"Edward don't talk like that please." I look over at Evelyn. She looked like she could burst out in tears.

"This is bullshit!" He shouts. "Just because Mom still hasn't gotten over the murder of Arty and tried to swallow a whole thing of painkillers doesn't mean I should suffer the consequences!" He slams his hand down on the table.

Evelyn starts crying. "Oh, there she goes again. Crying" Edward picks. I stand up and grab Edward up by the collar. Edward looks at me with a fake brace face.

The chair crashed down. I was ready to punch that look off of his face. "James!" I see her face look at me in fear. Her arms were crossed in her blue shirt and jean trousers with a small grey cardigan that was now frayed at the sleeves from Evelyn picking at them.

I let go of Edward and he falls to the floor. "Go to your room I don't even want to see your face," I scream at Edward. He gets up and nudges me.

I look at Maggie's side of the table, The chair was empty. "She went to the library before you almost pummeled our son." Evelyn backs away a little bit.

"I'm sorry it just happened, I don't know where that even came from." I try to walk over to hug Evelyn, but she steps away.

"Just don't ever do that to our son, Even if he is being really rude. He's just changed since he got on the basketball team and got taller and lost some weight then gained muscle." Evelyn shrugged.

"I'm sorry." I keep looking at Evelyn. Her face looked tired and depressed. She shakes her head and goes to the kitchen and pours herself another glass of tea from the kettle. She looks at me again, Then down at her tea.