A New Beginning

As soon as the ship jumped the hyperspace you took a large sigh of relief. You made it off alive, & all with the help of your team.

Crosshair was resting in one of the bunkers on the ship & it travelled through hyperspace.
Echo was with Rex, Tech was typing something on his datapad, Wrecker was with Omega... Everything was fine.

Luckily Tech was able to find a medical kit on the ship & helped patched you, & the team up, especially Crosshair.
Quietly you made your way over into what Crosshair now considered his bunker on possibly the new ship, & crept around watching him sleep.

Sure it was weird, but you cared about him, & you knew he felt the same way towards you... Probably not the rest of the team though... Crosshair had started rough, joining the Empire, becoming a commander, but after that... He came right back to the team. Why? Because he cared about you & believed in you. No one else but you. He never wanted to see you hurt nor did you want to see him hurt, but you have witnessed that, & a couple times now. He's only witnessed you hurt once or twice. Not enough to your knowledge.

Before creeping back out of the room, you looked back at him & smiled. Then when across the isle row, & claimed your bunker.
It was enough, bed, crates used for storage, it was suitable for you.

You slipped off your armor that you rinsed off while on Lothal, cleaning the blood off of the armor. Took Hunter's bandana off, & laid on the bed looking up at the tiled ceiling above.
You closed your eyes, & remembered all of what had happened while with The Bad Batch, all the good memories... & The bad. Most importantly to you that mattered, was the memories with Crosshair. Meeting him before Kamino, & then after Kamino.

Flashback

You were on Tatooine. You were reliving your worst memory.
You were on the ground in Jabba's Palace & was being picked up & taken by Crosshair.
You looked back. The team was fighting on, & Hunter... Was not moving, breathless. You relived Hunter's death on Tatooine.

You kept your eyes closed & then you were in another dreamscape. You were on your home planet, before you were taken to Kamino.
You saw Crosshair & approached him. It was just you & Crosshair walking in the deep snow that had fallen. It was the moment when Crosshair whistled that you knew what you were dreaming of. Knowing him well, you whistled back & smiled.

When you awoke from your dreams Crosshair was beside you, watching you stare at the cieling.
You jumped when you saw him, you were surprised.
"Cross?" You ask. "We're here." Crosshair says. "Where? Cross, where?" You ask.

Crosshair smiled & walked off. You jumped up to your feet & followed him off of the shuttle into bright daylight.
When the area became clear, all you could do was stare at the area.

Naboo.
A place you have known of, but had never seen the planet with your own eyes.
"You all can rest here, I'm gonna go off on another mission." Rex says. "Do you need help Captain?" You ask. "I'll be fine Sergeant, you take of yourself & your team. I'll send in a shuttle that I have loaned to you all. It should come around shortly. Stay safe." Rex says as you smile & cross your arms as you watch him leave.

As Rex leaves to head off on another mission of his, you met up with Crosshair who was leaned up against a pillar, a mile or more away from the Palace.
"Commander?" You say giving Crosshair memories of when he was a commander. But he enjoyed being called Commander & smiled at you. "Sergeant." Crosshair replied. "Sorry... For calling you Commander." You apologize. "Don't apologize sweetheart, even though my Commanding days are done, that doesn't mean I'm no longer a Commander... Continue calling me that if it suits you, it doesn't bother me, & I'm sure people calling you Sergeant it doesn't bother you either." Crosshair says smirking. "It doesn't... Commander." You say as Crosshair smiles, placing a toothpick in his mouth.

"Sergeant!" It was Tech, & it sounded urgent. You made your way over to him as Tech pointed to something on his datapad.
"What is Tech. Good or bad news." You ask. "Niether. Look." Tech says pointing to an area that looked to be hidden under the Palace. "Tech is that?" You pause as Tech answers you. "A hangar. Yes, it seems to me that this was where they kept the Naboo starfighters." Tech says. "How do they fly out then?" You ask. "Simply by the door, that seems to be locked at the moment." Tech says as you look around at the team. "Alright team, were exploring the Palace. Keep an eye out, we don't wanna alarm any battle droids that could be active but off." You say as the team acknowledges you with a nod & march with you leading, into the Palace on Naboo.

As you all stayed on the move towards the Palace, you looked back at Crosshair.
His hair had grown back after the long months of you being with the team, & his scars were barely visible on the side of his head.

When the team & you arrived at the Palace the team & you snuck through the small crack in the door, squeezing through the tight space.
When everyone is inside, a large isle of stairs on two sides of the wall lead up to what you saw as the senator throne, a desk in the middle, chairs on the other side & a bunch of others formed in the circular design on the flooring.
"What is this place?" Omega asks looking around. "This was where the Senator had meetings? Possibly?" You say not exact on how to answer her. "Tech?" You ask. "You are correct Y/N, this was where Senator Amidala had her talks with her people that were part of the council." Tech informs you. "Does that count to the Jedi as well? We're the Jedi a part of this?" You ask. "The Jedi had their own council, I am not completely sure on where it is. But last I have heard it is on Coursant." Tech says as you look around the team who were all facing you.
"What?" You ask looking at the team. "Y/N. It's best if you don't mention Coursant right now. Once Order 66 began... Coursant was attacked & let's just say it's not the safest place to be." Crosshair says resting his arm on your shoulder.
"Alright, well that explains things... Come on guys, let's find that hangar." You say as the team stays with you & looks for the hangar that you knew was somewhere below you & the team.

When you find a stairway leading down somewhere in the Palace you & team carefully walk down seeing battle droids destroyed all along the floors & the stairs. "What the heck happened here?" You say to yourself whispering. "You don't wanna know." Crosshair replies whispering in your ear.
When you reach the floor again, you turn to your side searching & their it was... The hangar holding Naboo starfighters up along the high walls.
"How do we get in those?!" Wrecker asks as you roll your eyes. "We don't Wrecker. We search." You say. "Hugh?" Wrecker says. "Don't stress yourself Wrecker." Crosshair says taping his shoulder & catching up with you.

"What are we even looking for Sergeant?" Echo asks as he follows behind you. "We're looking for hints that could help Rex with his mission. At least that's what he told me when you all set off to explore." You say.
"Here," you stop & bend down picking up a blaster that had been used by guards that fought the battle droids. "What is it?" Crosshair asks. "It's a blaster. But not like any of the others that these soldiers used... A clone east here, this is their blaster." You say.

Before anyone could say anything everyone heard a creek in the floorboards & followed the sound until it came close & all of the team hide behind the large pillars, guns & knifes drawn. "Who are you?!" You call out. Someone approaches into the hangar & stares right at your eyes through their helmet.