HEY WATTPAD'ERS

It's been a while!
I hope you guys aren't upset with me , I just been a little busy &what not.
I came back to 92 notifications & noticed I have some new followers/readers Shoutout to u guys for reading my story!!! Give me a chance to go thru ur comments &to follow u back. Or if u want a follow back, just mention it.
For my old followers/ readers, I really hope i didn't lose u guys! I will work on an update starting today &have it posted sometimw this weekend. But before doing so, let me rewind it a bit to freshen up u guys memories for those of u who may be lost.
Okay, so the characters (as posted in the collage in mm) are:
Melanie(main character, played by Dakota Gonzalez), the one &only August Alsina (as himself), Melanie's older sister Myla (played by Aaleeyah Petty), Jennifer, who is Melanie's bestfriend (played by Malika Haqq), Shawn (Melanie's now ex boyfriend, played by Jeremih- idk why i picked him to be the bad guy smh lol), Evelyn (played by Rita Ora), Kenya (played by Kyla Pratt), Aaron (played by Jason Weaver), Toya (played by Angell Conwell), Melanie &Myla's mother, Valerie Santos (played by Vanessa Williams), and the rest of the current cast as themselves- Travis, Big T, Era, Mama Sheila, etc.

Melanie met August through Myla, who told her about a job offer of being August's temporary "home attendant" after he had nessed his leg up during a basketball game. Once August was back to 100% recovered, he gave Melanie a permanent position to be his assistant. Things went a little left as the two had a random one night business mixed with pleasure "soiree". Ever since Melanie has been in August's presence on a daily basis, she's been lying about her job to her then boyfriend, Shawn and hiding the fact that her and August had sex. August respected Melanie and her relationship, but after mourning for the past few years over the death of his girlfriend Stacey, and building a wall up, Melanie was the one who was able to slowly but surely knock that wall down. She felt guilty and asked that they kept it strictly on a business level if she was going to continue working for him while he pursues his music career. The feelings were just mutually growing stronger between the two.
Other than having her sister to vent to and have girls time with, she has her bestfriend, Jennifer and two other ladies who she was introduced to by Jennifer, Evelyn and Kenya. Although she known Evelyn and Kenya for a short period of time, she felt comfortable enough to call them friends.
During a business/promotional trip to New Orleans, August tried Melanie again, for her to get rid of Shawn &get himself out of the friendzone but she rejected him and he wasn't happy about it. After that weekend came to an end, Melanie got back home to a very unexpected incident. Suspicions had came to light after Melanie spoke with Shawn's mother once she said that he had lied about visiting his sick grandmother, so right then and there she assumed he was up to something. Her intentions was to check him about it when she got home, especially after finding another female's bra underneath her bed. Shawn ended up flipping the situation on her, by letting her know that he somehow knew about her and August. That night ruined Melanie, as her boyfriend whom she loved for quite a few years, physically abused and then raped her.
A couple of days later, Melanie found out she was pregnant with Shawn's baby, and her sister, who barely liked Shawn anyway, wasn't too pleased with it.
In the midst of that happening, Melanie stayed low for a few days, while August did him with a new female fling, Toya.
Melanie couldn't avoid August for long because work still had to be done.
August ended up seeing her prenatal pills that she had left on the counter at his house and he was upset after finding out the truth about what happened and offered her to stay in his guest room since Jennifer wasn't in town.
Melanie ended up running into Shawn (or more like he might have followed her) in the parking lot of the supermarket. He choked her up and threatened to hurt her, the baby and August.
As usual, Melanie turned to her girls, Jennifer, Evelyn and Kenya, for a lil therapy. At the time, Myla was still upset at the fact she decided to keep Shawn's baby, and wasn't speaking to her.
Melanie was tired of living her life in fear and having her social life go downhill. She met a guy by the name of Aaron whom she instantly liked and started going on dates. Especially since August is dealing with Toya now. It made her somewhat jealous at times, but she knew that August was entitled to do whatever he wanted and how he took her "just friends &business" tip into consideration.
Just as she felt like the pieces of her life was slowly being put back together, Melanie was in a car accident, suffering only minor injuries and infortunately, losing her baby.
The night at the hospital, she learned that Kenya is the cousin of August's late girlfriend, Stacey and is currently trying to get to the bottom of why Kenya never mentioned it to her.
Meanwhile, Melanie is still staying at August's house, him and Toya still have their fling going on, despite the feelings that he knows still exists for Melanie. Melanie and Aaron are going steady before jumping into a relationship, and as for everyone else, they're there as good friends they can possibly be, other than Kenya being a hard one to get in contact with.

Well... that about gives some of the story in detail as I work on more. Trust me, u won't want to miss a page... (secret) I KINDA have an idea for a second book already
For those wondering where's all the drama, my story is intended to be a love story---about how August and Melanie get to the point they'll get to with so much tension and fighting desire between them. I'll throw in a few twists and turns for u guys though. Just bare w/ me.
Again, thanks for reading guys!!! &if it isn't too much to ask, plz shoutout "Latch".
Continue to read, vote &comment lovely people