Symptoms

Each page was so much different then the last. It was clear that rather early on, Tendou stopped even remotely caring about the journal's intended purpose. He wrote small entries abt his symptoms, sure, but he was so much more then a sickly boy. There was so much life in him before his death.

You could truly get lost in the words he left behind. The journal seemed to be a safe space of sorts, disclosing things he never did with Goshiki, Ushijima, or his doctors. Goshiki figured he never gave the book to the medical professionals, just read them off the symptoms he documented.

Right after the rather bitter opening paragraph, a small doodle with the same pen filled the rest of the page. It was just a bunny, fluffy and pure.

The next page was the words from the song "Line Without a Hook." Certain segments were highlighted, such as "Oh baby I am a wreck when I'm without you" and "Was it something I said." Goshiki moved on from this with no clue as to what it could mean.

Next up was a really good looking recipe for pasta. It was familiar to the boy reading. The taste hit him before the memory of Satori making it did. He was a great chef before becoming ill.

Another symptom page, this time adding "dizziness" and "lightheadedness." Goshiki visibly cringed reading this. There was nothing wrong with the words themselves. He just didn't enjoy being reminded of the times he'd had to carry Tendou to the nearest couch or bed after falling. He was much heavier then he looked.

As the pages continued, he felt as though he was inside of Tendou's head. Despite knowing he shouldn't be snooping, it was just so comforting. Satori may as well be right next to him doodling, singing, cooking, writing, or even planning his next piece of jewelry.

"My funeral" was not the title he expected to see proceeding a colored sketch of Sailor Moon.