Chapter 17

"Why did you work yourself too hard to get to this point? Isn't it weird for a student to be working in the first place?" Nayeon asked. Jeongyeon turned her back to her.

"It's because I want to be a proper successor." Jeongyeon answered.

"A successor?" Nayeon was confused.

"You may be older than me, but you're still a high schooler."

"What about your father? Shit, that's right! Why not let your father be the successor? There's no need for you to work this hard if—"

"That's right." Jeongyeon cut her off as she turned to face Nayeon. "You always spout nonsense, but occasionally, even you could get something right." Nayeon went silent as she listened to the younger girl. "You're right. It'll be all worth it when that day comes."

Jeongyeon's appa is incredible. She observed Jeongyeon as she closed her eyes. She's never given me a look look that before. If I manage to support her as an unnie, would she long for me, too? She sighed.

"Alright." Jeongyeon opened her eyes as she heard Nayeon spoke. "First, we need to get your fever down and get you healthy again." She announced as she stood up from her chair to pick up her bag as she was about to leave. "I'll go bring your bags down." She paused when she remembered to say something to Jeongyeon. "Oh, right. Park Jihyo-ssi."

"Jihyo? What about her?" Jeongyeon was startled when Nayeon climbed up on the bed leaned closer to her as held her down while pointing her right index finger to her forehead. "Even if you're in a feverish daze, you said some super harsh things to her!"

Jeongyeon forgot how to breathe for a second. She came back to her senses when Nayeon flicked her forehead before standing up. "When you're better, make sure to apologize to her." Nayeon scolded her. Jeongyeon held her forehead where Nayeon flicked her as her heart still beats fast. She thought maybe because she has a fever, so she shrugged it off. "And once you two make up, we're going to an amusement park!" The older girl winked, a bad one since she doesn't know how to, before finally leaving the nurse's office.

Jeongyeon was now alone, thinking about what her unnie said before leaving. "Amusement park?"

~~~~

Jeongyeon needs her father so much, but where is he and what is he doing? Nayeon thought as she walked out of the building where the nurse's office was, which was located on the right side of the big tree, and headed to their building, which is the building at the center. She headed to Jeongyeon's classroom to get her bags and fix her belongings when she heard someone, it was Jihyo, spoke from behind the door.

"Jeongyeon has always shouldered things alone since she was very young." She started. Nayeon continued what she was doing as she listened to her. Jihyo clasped her hands together tightly, a habit of hers when she is nervous. "I managed to notice Jeongyeon wasn't feeling well, but I— ouch!"

"You poor little kid. You're also one to shoulder too much yourself, am I right?" Nayeon scolded as she smacked Jihyo hard, but not too hard to hurt her badly, on her head while carrying Jeongyeon's duffle bag on her left shoulder. Jihyo rubbed her head as she looked at Nayeon and frowned. "Why not be more honest with yourself?" Nayeon sincerely said.

"Good grief. I'm glad you take everything so easily." Jihyo retorted and scoffed as she looked away, still rubbing her head. She composed herself and stood up straight. She doesn't want anyone, especially Im Nayeon, to see her vulnerable since she was known for her serious and charismatic aura by the students in the academy.

Jihyo was supposed to be the president of the student council. Everything a student council president should possess describes Jihyo's character, well almost. In their academy, a student council president should possess good leadership, good at multitasking, takes her work seriously, always composed, good character traits, ambitious, confident, and must be the top student of the overall ranking. What she didn't posses was being confident and must be the top student of the overall ranking. She wasn't confident of attending meetings or maybe initiate one, that's why she is only assigned for some office works related to the academy's activities. Also, she isn't the top student because that title belongs to Jeongyeon.