Chapter 36

Nayeon gave up on chasing Jeongyeon and went back to the room she shared with Momo.   Sana decided to share a room with Mina since only two students are allowed inside a room. Jeongyeon was with Jihyo jn a room.

After taking a bath, she immediately slumped herself down on bed and proceeded to hide under the blanket. She wore her jaguar-printed hoodie with her gray t-shirt underneath and her light blue denim shorts. Momo, on the other hand, wore an oversized white sweater and black leggings.

Momo was sitting on her bed while reading some random magazines she found inside the drawer and forgot about the movie she played on the television. They both planned on watching a movie together, but Momo got bored because Nayeon was acting weird. When she finished reading the fourth magazine, she turned the television to a news channel. She then looked at the hump on Nayeon's bed and threw a pillow.

"Hey, Im Nayeon! Why are you acting like a shut-in on our school trip?! I understand that you are disappointed with being late and getting scolded, but still..."

Momo's voice muffled as Nayeon was back on her own world, which was interrupted when Momo threw a pillow on her that hit her head. She closed her eyes and hugged herself tighter.

What should I have said? She thought. But then she remembered her encounter with Jeongyeon last Christmas. Her glistening eyes reflecting the dim light of their living room when they stared at each other, her expression when she started to unbutton her blouse, and her face when the older girl rejected her. Nayeon's eyes slowly opened. Is it impossible for me to become the family Jeongyeon wishes for? She clenched on the bed sheet and hugged herself closer as she closed her eyes back. I don't understand any of it anymore.

While Nayeon was drowned by her thought, Momo impatiently stood up and went on the side of Nayeon's bed and put both her hands on her hips as she shook her head. "If you keep exuding such a negative aura while we're on our school trip..." She surprised Nayeon by pulling the blanket away from the latter, causing her to shriek. "... then I'll punish you!"

Nayeon screamed in horror. She already knew what Momo's going to do, but it was too late to shield herself when the latter pinned her down and straddled on her lap as she startef to tickle Nayeon.

"Take this, you old hag! You like it, huh?" Nayeon struggled to push her away as she laughed endlessly because of Momo. She came back to her senses when she heard the weather forecast displaying on the television.

"W-wait! Momo, s-stop!" But Momo didn't bulge and continued to tickle her. When Momo also noticed what was displayed on the television, she stopped tickling Nayeon and went back to her bed, leaving a crying and exhausted Nayeon lying down on her bed, her body spread like a starfish having dislocated arms. She was also red from all the laughing she did.

"Now then, please take a look at this weather map. Unstable air will arrive across the country, so we'll see clouds in the morning and rain by the afternoon."

Momo came back to her senses and turned her gaze to the television. "Really? A bad weather?" She disappointedly uttered and sighed. "We're supposed to hit up the ocean park tomorrow afternoon, right?" She grabbed her school trip guide book as she continued. "I want to see a dancing sea lion doing cute tricks! And maybe let them kiss my cheek!" She didn't heard Nayeon respond but she let her be since the latter was still recovering from all the tickling she experienced.

Momo went back to her bed and opened their school trip guide book when she stumbled upon a certain page. "Wait, what's this about 'promoting relationships'?" She reads the description of the place. "What the fuck? Promoting relationships? This dumb shit is telling an all-girls school to form relationships? Who the fuck benefits from this idea?" Momo ranted as she frowned. "I can't believe our stiff old academy chose this!" She added.