𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

night of the comet

there is life in your eyes.

‹—›

elora was freezing when she woke up. her vision was blurry and she felt extremely dizzy. once her vision unblurred, elora wished it didn't. elora was in the one place she was hoping she wouldn't be, the hospital.

her breathing turned sharp as she tried to catch her own breathe but elora could already feel the panic attack coming. after the accident, elora was always afraid to go back to the hospital, her mind filled with memories of her dead parents.

elora couldn't find the button to call the nurse, her hands too shaky and the panic attack wasn't helping her at all. tears streamed down her face, she hated this feeling and wanted nothing more than for it to stop.

stefan salvatore, who was there to compel both elora and vicki had heard the commotion from the gilbert girl's room and quickly sped to get there. his heart dropping once he saw the state she was in.

"cmon elora look at me, take my hand and breathe with me." elora gripped onto stefan's hands, "feel how i breathe, you can do this."

he placed her hands on his chest, his hands resting on top. stefan began to take deep breathes in hopes that she would do the same. it took a few minutes but stefan kept encouraging her and soon, her breathing regulated and she began to calm down.

as she stared into his green eyes, stefan couldn't help but think how beautiful she was. but she looked just like her. so he almost immediately looked anywhere but her face. elora on the other hand couldn't stop looking, elora knew she should stop but she just couldn't. there was something different about him.

he took her hands off of his chest and rested them on elora's lap before muttering an 'i'm sorry.' he took one last look at her and began to compel her.

"you were attacked by an animal last night, that's all you remember." stefan carefully placed a loose strand behind elora's ear, "you won't remember any of what just happened, you woke up and now you're about to call a nurse in."

and then he was gone.

a/n

filler chapter because i couldn't think of what to write.