Chapter 17

"Come on...Come on"

Josh still continued to struggle with the fireplace.
"How long do you think it'll take him?" Noah asks them, referring to the fire.
"My money's on the blankets for everyone" Zoey replies.

Chuckle

"You can do it, man. We believe in you" Luke told Josh, encouraging him.
Trying to support his friend as Luke pump his hands into the air.

"Yeah!" "Totally!" "Woo!" "Let's go Jo-osh!" "Let's go!"

Laughing

"Alright, peanut galley, you know what?" Josh begin to say, standing up from the floor as Kate walks down the stairs.
"I go an idea for you two" Josh said, addressing Luke and Chloe.
"What?" Chloe questioned, wondering what the idea is.
"Okay, well, I am pretty sure that somewhere in this crazy place we used to have a spirit board" Josh informs the other.
"A what?" Chloe ask him in confusion, not knowing what one is.

Groan!

"You can't be serious" Blake grumbled.
"Wow you have a spirit board?" Luke ask Josh in shock, not believing his ears.

"Wait"

"are you saying...we should have a seance?" Maria ask Josh.

Chuckle

"Those things are a joke, man. Don't do shit" Blake stated in disbelief.
"No way bro" Josh disagree with Blake.
"We used to do it all the time. Me and..." Noah said before he paused.
He couldn't finishes his sentence as it's painful to think about his former girlfriend, Beth.

"Hey Josh"

"No hot waters coming out" Kate stated as she made her way down the stairs.
"Yeah yeah, just gotta fire up the boiler" Josh replied.
"It's in the basement" Noah stated, pointing a thumb in the direction of the basement.
"You guys see if you can find the spirit board" Josh said to Luke and Chloe.

*Imagine it's Chloe*

"Luke, let's go and find it!" Chloe said as she clapped her hands together, excitedly

Chloe moved over and grabbed him by the arm, "It'll be like a scavenger hunt!" she told Luke.
Attsmpted to lead him away, but Luke was hesitant to be left alone with her.
"Ummm...okay...guess so" Luke replied with a nervous chuckle
"Rad. You're not gonna regret it!" Josh called out after them with a smile as Chloe leads Luke away.