Isolation: Prologue

*Washington Lodge: Library* *23:00*
"Look, Maria..."

"I'm sorry fo

"I'm sorry fo..." Luke started to apologise to Maria as the group set up the table with the oujia board.
"It's fine, Luke. Just please don't it again" Maria answered and held out her hand to him.
"Deal?" Maria asked.
"Deal" Luke said back and took her hand, shook it.

"Maria"

Josh, Chloe, Luke, Noah and Maria gathered around a wooden table.
"you don't have to do this you know. No one is forcing you" Josh told Maria, making the girl shake her head.
"No, I want to do this" Maria assures him.
"So it says here: starts "to communicate with the spirit world you must free your mind of all preconceptions, drop all inhibitions, and generally give yourself over entirely to the will of others, sublimating your every desire to the whims of the Spirit master, which is me..." Luke read out, but was interrupted by Chloe.
"It doesn't say that..." Chloe argued rolling her eyes, protesting and Luke put his finger on Chloe.
To shush her, Chuckle
"and all present will remove their garnets at my sole discretion..." Luke continued.

Sigh

"Luke, come on. This is serious..." Noah stated, trying to chill him down.

Laugh

"Oh I'm deadly serious" Luke responded with a accent of an old English man, continuing to joke

"Luke, stop it. I just want play already" Maria tells him.
"Yes please" Josh agreed with a smile at her.
Maria smiled back as the five place their hands on the counter.

"Okay then..."

"let's see what happens" Luke said and turns to Chloe.
"Chloe, since you're a recent convert, why don't you be our medium for today?" he suggested.
"Ok" Chloe replied with a nod of her had.
"Um..." she trail off, thinking of a question to ask.

" she trail off, thinking of a question to ask