Chapter 12

At the top of the hill Emma and Ryan come across some police tape still tied around a tree

"Police tape..." Emma said as she stares at the police tape.
"From Hannah and Beth" Ryan reminded her.
"You'd think they'd clean it up..." Emma trailed off.
"Well, they never closed the investigation" Ryan pointed out.
"Okay, I'm gettin the creeps now" Emma comment in dis court and.
"Well, whatever they are...I'm sure they're happy we're all thinking about them" Ryan said, making Emma tear up.
"That's...a nice way of thinking about it" she tells him.

Ryan and Emma continued down the path, when...

Screech!!!!

The two stopped walking, "Ummm...Did you hear that?" Emma ask him.
"I heard...something" Ryan answered and the two ignore the noise.
Ryan and Emma walked up the wooden steps before approaching a tree blocking the path.
A large fallen tree, "Ah...damn"
"I don't think we can get up to the cabin with the path blocked like this" Ryan said.

"Oh, no way"

"am I going back to the lodge a.k.a wax museum to drink hot chocolate with Olivia" Emma said, not wanting to be in the same building with her enemy.
"You know what? Fuck this. We're adventurous. We will find another way around" Emma said as she turns and walked away to the opening of an mine.