Chapter 18

*Outside*
"What if it doesn't work"

"What?" Jace asked as he and Olivia started to walk.
"The radio" Olivia elaborated.
"It'll work" Jace reassures her.
"But...okay, it doesn't...we need a plan" Olivia stated as they went up the wooden steps.
"Maybe...We can just climb down" Jace suggest.
"Climb down what?" Olivia asked as the two went up the snowy path.
"The mountain" Jace answered, making Olivia raise an eyebrow at that.

"Are you serous?" Olivia questioned in disbelief.
"What's the big deal? It's not like it's floating in the sky" Jace questioned.

"It might as well be, it's pitch black out!" Olivia pointed out.
"Hey, hopefully we won't have to" Jace replied.
"You think the psychopath is just going to give up and run away?" Olivia ask Jace as the two walked across the wooden bridge.
"No...but...maybe we should find a safe spot, hole up, wait it out" Jace suggested.
"It'll be a lot easier to figure this all out in the morning" he stated.
"As long as we don't hide in the lodge. That's where he expects us to go" Olivia replied as Jace steps on a loose floorboard.

Creak!

"Huh?" Olivia said as Jace crouch down and opens the floorboard.
Pulling out a phone that looks so familiar to the two, "Whoa, this is Beth's phone" Olivia stated.
"I thought the police like, swept the whole area..." Jace said to Olivia.

"Well, looks like they missed this"

*Clifftop*
"Watch where you step around here, Olivia" Jace warn her as he looks at the sign, broken in half.

Danger Cliff:
Go Back

"Yes Jace, given the choice I'd refer not to spend my evening plummeting to my death off a snowy cliff top" Olivia replied.

Scream!!!!

"Jace!! What is that?" Olivia asked.

"I don't know..!"

"Jesus! Shit" "Oh

"Jesus! Shit" "Oh...damn.."