𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER WILL HAVE SOME OF THE TRIGGER WARNINGS I PUT IN THE DESCRIPTION
. . . . .

KOKICHI OUMA

The noisy chime of my ringtone had woken me up, startling me in my dream. I groaned, staring at the wall as my eyes struggled to close back. I blinked them open and got out of bed, ruffling my already messy hair.

Leaving my bedroom, I spotted the empty corridors of my abode. I'd figured my cousins left the night before, probably tired from annoying me when I finally managed to slumber. I smiled at the image in my head from that scene, heading into the bathroom to wash my face.

The house was oddly silent and I felt fear caress me. I dropped my toothbrush, leaving the bathroom and staring outside into the hallways.

I was always like this when my mom wasn't home, never got used to it. Even as a nineteen year old, I'm still scared of being home alone. I quickly began to do my morning duties as to get out of the house with haste. The silence was the main thing I feared when it felt as if eyes were crawling upon me. So I hit up some music from my radio, just to get somebody talking.

I sighed, wearing on some appropriate attire and heading out of my townhome. I headed into the Nissan I managed to afford awhile ago, and began my trail to SunnySide.

. . . . .

"Looks like somebody didn't have enough sleep," Kaede said with a chuckle.

I groaned, leaning back into the shelf and rubbing my eyes.

"I slept at like -- 4:00AM or something...,"

I watched as Kaede shook her head with a smile before walking away. I got my ass up; couldn't be caught slacking on the job. I began to stack instant ramen on the shelves at aisle B when I spotted someone behind the cashier shelf, that being... Shuichi.

I looked over at him, trying to catch his attention. Suddenly, his gaze fell upon me; my chance to put a thumbs up and a cheeky smile. He smiled at me, turning his attention back to the customer he was talking to.

That's when I felt myself blush...
Something I didn't even know I was capable of doing while Shuichi did it all the time. I slapped my heating face and began to pack the shelves once again.

There was no time for boys, I was done with relationships ever since... him. He never liked the way I looked, always saying I needed to be an inch smaller. I began to eschew his frivolous demands but that's when the domestic violence began to roll in. I was forced to ֆȶǟʀʋɛ ʍʏֆɛʟʄ.

And when I didn't listen to these demands, I'd either get abused or he would R̶a̶p̶e̶ me. That's when I felt as if there wasn't any point in our relationship and left. That's when I felt as if there wasn't any point in any relationship....

Better to stop having those memories.

I sighed, heading into the back room to grab some more instant ramen to shelf when I heard the cacophonous yelling of an angry customer. I groaned, heading out of the storage room to deal with yet another nuisance to my existence.

When entering the scene, I'd of noticed it was Shuichi getting yelled at by said customer. His face, shocked and frozen. I walked up to the customer, keeping yet a cavalier demeanor and crossed my arms.

"What do you want...?" I said, giving off a rather irritated sentiment.

He cleared his throat, aiming a finger at Shuichi as to bring my attention to him. I felt my feet begin to tap on the marble floor out of annoyance.