𝙺𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚒'𝚜 𝚂𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚊𝚜𝚝

Sorry about the small hiatus! Enjoy this early chapter and a bit of Kokichi's toxic backstory.

KOKICHI OUMA

I opened my eyes to see his disraught face looking down upon me in confusion. My face was burning up, his doing the same as we both began to process what I just did. Oh right... I kissed him.

I fucking kissed him.

Why did I kiss him!?

Being able to make up my decisions with volition, I slowly pushed him off of me, fixing my hair with my hands and getting off the hard floor. Despite the fact that I was very subtle when it came to the topic of my feelings, I didn't seem to be so shy now.

I felt like facepalming right in front of him. There was no way I let my gaurd down that easily. I gulped, watching as he scratched his neck and turned away, supposedly as confused as I was now. I thought of an excuse, something to temporize myself out of the awkward situation. The situation I only made awkward.

"Uh- I've... gotta go."

Ahh, the classic evacuation with no explanation situation in classic romcoms that; which I was recreating now. Way to go, Kokichi.

"Wait -- Kokichi..."

Oh fuck.

He was coming straight for me, 'exactly what I didn't want. It was just like those dramatic scenes in movies where you hear the calls of your name that make you want to oh so badly reach out to them, but you know you can't because you did something so stupid that you don't even have the strength to confront them. Been there, done that. And I don't want to ever again. Not after already realizing the consequences.

I just kissed a palpably straight, debonair man and ruined my relationship with them. Suddenly, I just had the urge to reach out and give myself a pat on the back as a token of effort.

I shrugged off my thoughts when I noticed how he started getting closer. When almost close enough to touch me, I made the decision to make a run for it. A run from all of my problems and confusion.

A run from his handsome face,

Shiny teeth,

Beautiful eyes,

Cloying voice,

Kind heart...

A run from him.

. . . . .

SHUICHI SAIHARA

A frown crawled upon my face as I watched him run off as if he'd spotted a dead animal. Figuring out there was no point in chasing after him, I leaned against the cart that tripped us over, remembering our conversation. The tribulation he was most likely featuring when I heard not the faintest scintilla of truth in his voice.

Why was he hiding so much from me?

He'd already left me alone in the room but I could still feel his soft lips pouring on mine as if it were permanent. Feeling my lips, I left the storage room with a sigh, disappointed he'd left so early.

What was he afraid of...?

Me?

No, it could't be. Unless I did something so bad he couldn't stand it. But his feelings were already written in my head verbatim. And I didn't know if I reciprocated or not. I was rather... confused. We were both confused, I could tell. This might only be another reason why he would continue to avoid me.

I huffed, clearing the isle in order to find Kaede and Maki to which were snickering behind a shelf. I crossed my arms, looking at them with a rather irritated face until they noticed my presence. I guess I'd startled Kaede when she let out a small scream, backing away from me.