𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝙼𝚎?

KOKICHI OUMA

"Kokichi, get off! What has gotten into you?" Maki yelled, pulling me off of Kaede.

I tried to get back on top of her, but Maki was far too strong. She slunged me back as my hands tried to claw at Kaede. I was breathing heavily, my face was red and my hair was everywhere. The same could be said for Kaede who was laying on the ground and looking up at me, angrily. Shuichi went over to Kaede and picked her up slowly. He looked back at me with a serious expression, and slowly walked up to me.

Now, we were face-to-face. I didn't allow myself to be intimidated by his tough demeanor. I frowned and kept my head up high, my eyes still watery as tears begged to pour out. But I refused, I wasn't going to cry over this... this... jerk!

"What... the hell, Kokichi?" He exclaimed, his tone getting even angrier.

I scratched at my arm, looking back at Kaede and realizing what I did. But there was no time to feel bad. I had to stand my ground.

I stomped on the ground with my right foot and shoved Shuichi to the wall. My tears couldn't stay in those glands any longer, I let them pour out. My heart just couldn't believe he was standing up for Kaede. It really upset me. I had a scar at the right side of my lip and a tear near my eyebrow. Was that not enough damage?

Desperately, I shouted, "Well then, fuck you, Shuichi! You jerk!" Before leaving the scene.

. . . . .

I slumped over the mini bench outside of SunnySide. Fidgeting with my hands, I looked up at the sky and tried to decipher the barely visible clouds. It was a sunny day in Autumn, all leaves bear red and some coated orange. And barely a cloud resided in the sky.

But that wasn't even about half of my worries. What I worried most about was the relationship of me and Shuichi. Had I ruined everything? Or was I just thinking too deep into it? I mean, I did unnecessarily start a fight with Kaede the other day. So maybe I was the problem. And I hated being the problem.

By this time, Togami caught me slacking on the job and resting outside on the wooden bench. He caught up to me and sighed, knowing he was going to hear some stupid sappy story from me as to why I wasn't stacking the shelves. And he sure was right.

"What are you doing, Kokichi?" He questioned, looking down at me and adjusting his glasses upright.

I slowly got up and combed my hair with my hand while using the other to shade my eyes from the sunlight. I looked at Togami for a while, refusing to answer. He needn't care about some stupid K-Drama romance situation happening between me and Shuichi. And that wasn't an assumption, It's just obvious. Togami doesn't have a heart for his employees, at all.

I rolled my eyes, looking away and riveting my eyes to some random Range Rover parked in our lot. He put a hand on my shoulder, causing me to glance towards his direction in confusion.

"I said what are you doing, Kokichi? You can't just slack on the job with no explanation!"

I looked down and then back up, through the gas stations window to see Shuichi, a smile painted on his face as he scanned items at the cash register. I sighed, clutching onto my arm and now looking at Togami.

"I... I don't want to see him!" I exclaimed, finally letting my tears burst out.

Togami was shocked and almost instantly let go of me. He turned around to see Shuichi then made an 'O' shape with his mouth as if he got what I meant. He sighed, rubbing his temples and concentrating on the ground beneath him. As said already, he had no time for stupid romance novels.