𝙸 𝙼𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚄𝚙

KOKICHI OUMA

"What do you want...?" Maki said through the other end of the call.

After my trip to Shuichi's house I was confused as fuck and needed answers, at most, advice. And who did I decide to call for said advice?

Maki.

Big mistake.

"Maki, you need to help me!"

She blinked at the camera a few times before rolling her eyes and grabbing her computer off her desk.

"Come on, Maki, I'll do anything for you for a whole week, this is urgent!"

She glanced at the camera, arching an eyebrow in confusion.

"You are that desperate huh? Alright, go ahead,"

I cleared my throat and moved the camera away from my face. I couldn't let her see my face while I said this, it'd be embarrassing after the conversation we had the same morning.

Turning my camera off, I said, "I think I like Shuichi..."

It was silent through the other end, which made me nervous in all different kinds of ways. The thing was that, I was admitting this to Maki not confessing to my crush.

She sighed and looked at me with a smile, putting her hair up with a red scrunchie.

"As if you couldn't make it any more obvious, Kokichi."

I turned my camera back on, looking desperate and sighed. I knew Maki wasn't all so good when it came to giving relationship advice, but she was the only one I could talk to right now. Although, we didn't always get on good terms she was the closest to me in my current job and right now, the one I wanted to talk to. So I had to tell her the truth, and only the truth as much as I despised honesty.

"The thing is that... I don't want to like him," I said, pulling my hood down my face as to not let her see the red occupying it.

She put a hand on the side of her head, letting a sigh escape her mouth, then suddenly collapsing onto her bed, clearly exhausted. Probably because of the gym visit she had with Kaito, but everyone knows Maki could do 100 pushups without losing breath.

"Now that's where you made it difficult Kokichi,"

"I know...," I said with a groan as I scratched my arm.

She then looked up at the camera with quite a concerned face as if she was questioning something. She walked up to her phone, picking it up and began to walk out of her room.

"I'm taking you to the kitchen, I want to get a snack...," She said before proceeding her walk. "My question is, why don't you want to like Shuichi anyway?"

I sighed, feeling my eyes water as I looked away from the camera. She only reminded me of memories I wanted to forget, but those exact memories were the reasons why I didn't want to like Shuichi. I wiped at my eyes, staring at the ground beneath me.

"I just don't want to get hurt again," I mumbled.

I could just feel the silence through the other end. The tranquility of both sides and how neither of us knew how to respond. She frowned at me, cocking her head to the side as she popped a cashew in between her teeth.

"Kokichi... Shuichi is not at all like that guy. You know that...,"

"I know but -- I just can't get wrapped up in another situation like that...,"

She slowly shook her head, getting another handful of cashews out of the jar.

"I'm pretty sure Shuichi is a great guy, just go for it I guess...,"