𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗

KOKICHI OUMA

"Ack- what the hell... you can't just go around sneaking up on people like that."

There, Kaede stood, staring down at me with a rather disappointed face. I arched an eyebrow, confused as to why she was reacting to me like this. She sighed, beginning to help me stack the shelves.

"Kokichi, can you tell me why you are avoiding Shuichi?"

I scratched my neck, taken aback from the unexpected question she gave me.

"What do you mean I'm avoiding Shuichi?"

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, leaning onto the shelf we were stacking. Usually when she gave me that kind of reaction she would start acting like my mom and would lecture me. So it was nothing too unexpected when she started advising me again.

"Kokichi, you are making it obvious... you just starting ghosting him throughout the whole week...,"

I looked down, running a hand down my hair and started to kick the marble floor. I just wanted to forget I ever knew Shuichi, but people such as, Maki and Kaede keep reminding me not to.

"I know, I just -- we are getting way too close and I don't want that... I just need space-,"

"What are you two sharing secrets about instead of doing your jobs?"

I turned around to see Maki and exhaled a huge pot of breath, clutching at my chest. I gave an exhausted smile, relieved it wasn't Togami standing behind me. Yes, Maki was just as ornery as Togami but she understood me easily.

"Kokichi has been avoiding Shuichi for whatever reason, and so I'm just trying to talk to him about it."

I glared at Kaede, sliding a finger across my neck as a threat, to which she abruptly flinched.

"Kokichi... that is not at all what I told you to do," Maki said in a disappointed tone that made me want to grind myself to pieces. 

"I know, I just got too scared and my only choice was to back away... plus, I'm not gonna compliment his ass!"

Kaede stared blankly at the two of us, palpably confused of the weird ass conversation we were having. Maki laughed, leaning her arm on the counter next to us.

"You know I wasn't being serious when I said that. But one thing I know is that you shouldn't just avoid him like this. It's wrong,"

"Who are you to tell me what to do? You aren't my mom."

She huffed, glancing at me with a face filled of demure.

"But I am the girl you've always come to first when you needed relationship advice."

"Relationship advice?" Kaede said, jumping into the conversation we were having.

She put a hand on her mouth, her eyes wide as if in thought. She looked down at me with a smirk before putting both hands on her hips.

"Kokichi has a little crush, doesn't he?"

"No, I-,"

"Yes he does, and he keeps cowarding about it," Maki said, glancing at me with a squint.

"It's not your place to tell her, Maki! Kaede is awfully horrible at keeping secrets,"

"Don't worry. I'll keep this one jeez, and I am not a liar like you when I say that."

I rolled my eyes, looking at Maki with a groan. I couldn't believe she'd just out me like that. What kind of a friend was she? She crossed her arms at me, a relaxed sentiment clouding her face.