"𝙽𝚘 𝙱𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛!"

KOKICHI OUMA

I sat down on a bench, waiting for Shuichi for he was late just almost five minutes already.

Almost as if it were on cue, I could spot Shuichi walking over during not much of a propitious time. Secluding that from my mind, I ran over to him with open arms giving him a hug.

"I'm so glad you came! I was beginning to get worried...,"

Shuichi nervously chuckled, showing me his phone lock screen.

"It's only 5:06,"

"Still," I mumbled, crossing my arms with a pout.

I began to drag him into the building, seeing as he wasn't budging himself. After a few minutes, we picked up some roller skates and headed for the rink. Shuichi had made his way inside as I stood there, at the entrance, holding quite a plethoric act of fear as to get Shuichi to come to me.

To which he did, when he started rolling back to the entrance looking at me with worry. Of course, I knew how to roller skate, but Maki was right about one thing... I really wanted his attention.

He soon enough reached me, putting a finger under my chin to lift it up. His touch gave such a copacetic feeling towards me as I blinked my eyes open to face him.

"Do you not know how to roller skate?" He said in such a soft voice I nearly had my heart beating rapidly.

"No... can you help me?" I said holding out my hand with a pout.

I could see his face heat up as a response to what he heard from me. I almost even regretted letting those words leave my mouth. But just before I could change my mind, I felt a hand connect with mine.

I looked down to see me and Shuichi's hands connected, a blush also slightly and unexpectedly making its way onto my face. I gulped, wanting to move onto the next step.

I took his other hand and put it on my waist causing my face to go even more red. What was I doing?

"Just thought that would help you to guide me better, y'know...," I said, looking up to wink at him only to see his face had become a tomato.

I slightly chuckled, looking back in front of me as Shuichi continued to stroll across the rink. Me; in his embrace.

After a few minutes had gone by I began to argue with myself.

Why was I struggling to get too close to him? My last relationship was a mess... I shouldn't get into another one. I don't want to get hurt like I did before and I don't want to hurt him, so what am I doing? He probably dislikes the way I look anyway... am I too fat? No, he probably thinks I have eyebags and belly fat and a big nose and... and-

"Shuichi, am I beautiful...?" I suddenly blurted out, desperately.

"Huh?" He said, almost letting go of me, and clearly flustered from such an unexpected question.

"I- I mean...,"

I stared at him as he sputtered out words, not knowing how to respond. I sighed, shrugging it off and looking up at him.

"Save it."

I looked away, a disappointed look occupying my face. There was no point in trying to get hurt again, it was obvious he was going to say no, nobody thought I was pretty anyway.

SHUICHI SAIHARA

I gulped, watching as he walked away, a cold look on his face. Why didn't I just tell him the truth? He was beautiful alright, but what if he got the wrong idea?