"𝙸 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞"

KOKICHI OUMA

"Uh... hi-," I sputtered with a nervous smile before getting interrupted quite hastily.

"We need to talk."

Before I could even object, Shuichi was already pulling me away into a mini supply closet. He stared at me intensly as if waiting for me to speak although he was the one who brought me to the setting. He took my hand in his own and sighed, leaning back. The warmth of his hand caused my face to grow warm as well. I covered my face with my arm to hide the blush, but he slowly took it down and smiled.

"So... wanna tell me why you did what you did yesterday?" He said in a smooth voice that I could just be drawn too so easily.

It was as if he was seducing me into answering his irrelevant question without even trying. As much as I wanted to roll my eyes and walk away, something in me refused to and I continued to sit down. I took a few breaths, trying to contain myself and prepare for my upcoming answer. I didn't want him to know how jealous I truly was, it was so embarrassing. Fighting over a man is so middle school.

Suddenly, he sighed and began to get up, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"If you dont want to tell me, that's fi-,"

"No! Uhh- let me tell you a story."

He arched an eyebrow and inched his mouth to the side, showing off a rather confused expression. Despite his confusion, he sat back down nonetheless. I sighed, cupping my chin into my cheeks as my elbows rested onto my knees.

"So... there was this boy."

Although, I was far less than halfway into the story Shuichi was already nodding his head in curiosity. I rolled my eyes at his cluelessness but couldn't stop myself from chuckling along the way. But there was no time to get myself distracted by his cheeky smile, I had a story to tell.

"And we were in... let's say a secret affair," I announced cautiously. "Well not really, since we weren't dating, but we fucked every now and then. Yet, my boyfriend never found out. Back then, I thought sex was the only way to solve my problems, so whenever my boyfriend got mad at me and started being abusive, I would run away and run over to my friends house. Usually, we'd fuck so I could get over what happened, or we'd just talk."

By this time, Shuichi was glancing at me with an awkward facial expression, as if he was disgusted. Even so, I wouldn't blame him. Back then, I was a total whor-

"He was so good at painting nails and he had this nice and creative hair... I just eventually realized I was growing strong feelings for him. I didn't want us to have a stupid daily routine of having sex, I wanted a relationship. And I could tell he felt the same way too when one day he asked me to break up with my boyfriend and start dating him because it was just so obvious we liked eachother. 'Thing was that, I was scared. I was selfish, and scared of what my boyfriend would do to me, and so I rejected my friend. Since then, he's stopped talking to me," I stopped right there, looking at the dusty closet grounds beneath me with a frown. "He probably thinks I'm just a slut."

Shuichi shook his head, running a hand down his face. He sighed and leaned his head back, resting his hands onto his knees, his mouth agape.

"Well, that's one heck of a story," He exclaimed, now beating at his chest with a fist as small coughs came out.

"Are you ok?" I spat out and questioned, caressing his cheeks so that he was now looking up at me.

He rubbed his garments and exhaled a huge pot of breath. He looked at me and combed his hair with his hand before letting out a yawn.