Chapter X

**CECE'S POINT OF VIEW**

*My heart was pounding, and my hands were sweating profusely as Rebecca slowly led me down the hallway. I felt so stupid. How could Landon ever love or appreciate me like this? I could feel tears start to form in my eyes as my cheeks slowly started to turn red and hot. But I did my very best to prevent the tears from rolling down my face by sucking on my paci. I could feel myself waddling with the thick padding in between my legs and all I could smell was the baby powder. I could hear the subtle crinkles the diaper made from my waddling but luckily the onesie and tights (which were pressing firmly against the diaper as I took each step down the hallway) muffled some of the crinkles. I could feel the end of the pink romper dress slightly swaying and grazing off my thighs, it was such a cute pale pink color that I absolutely loved. In little space, pink was my absolute favorite color and it really helped me feel so little. Most of all I could feel my hear pulled back in their low pigtails, which complimented the entire "baby" look. "This is going to be so embarrassing" I thought to myself. Three adults all having their undivided attention on me. Before I knew it we were standing at the end of the hallway with Landon and Kyle both staring at me with smirks on their faces. Butterflies filled my stomach at the sight of Landon. Even though I really was nervous there seemed to be this calming reassurance every time I glanced into his eyes.*

*Rebecca kept tugging on my hand trying to convince me to take another step further into the kitchen. But I feel like I couldn't move another step. At this point, Kyle's focus was back on his phone searching through different options for dinner. But Landon, just seemed to keep his attention on me. *

Rebecca: "It's okay Cece. Come on!" She reassured me as she continued to tug on my hand.

*I just stood my ground not moving an inch. I just felt my legs grow weak from being so nervous and I just plopped onto the ground.*

Rebecca: "Do you need a minute Cece? Would you like to sit here until you're ready?"

*I nodded 'yes'.*

Rebecca: "Okay then. No problem! I will find a bottle for you. Would you like some juice?"

*I nodded again, still silently sucking on my paci."

Rebecca: "Would you like to color for a few minutes before dinner? I can find some things for you and put them on the table?"

*Once again, I nodded 'yes'.*

*Rebecca smiled at me and then walked further into the kitchen next to Kyle.*

Rebecca: "Kyle. Why don't we go in the other room and order the pizza?"

Kyle: "Huh?" Kyle asked breaking his concentration on his phone.

*I noticed as Rebecca gave him "the look" that was trying to signal him to get up and leave the room with her.*

Rebecca: "Kyle. Cece and I decided that pizza sounded really good for tonight. Will you please come with me so we can order the pizza?"

Kyle: "We can't order it here?"

*I noticed Landon's smirk as he started to roll up his white shirt sleeves. And I laughed to myself; for as smart as Kyle is, he obviously not picking up on Rebecca's hints*

Rebecca: "Well there's other things I would want to talk to you about too... in the living room... in private...just the two of us and I think Landon would like a minute... ya know... with Cece." She hinted once again, this time more blatantly.

Kyle: "Oh... okay!" Kyle exclaimed smirking at Landon while getting up from his bar stool and slowly walking into the living room with Rebecca.