Chapter XI

CHAPTER XI

**REBECCA'S POINT OF VIEW**

*After dinner Kyle and I took some extra time together and walked the streets of New York City. It was a warm night with a clear night sky. You could hear cars driving back and forth on the streets and crowds talking. We walked, talked, laughed, and just enjoyed our night out as a vanilla couple. Before Kyle and I got married we always stressed the importance to another of "balancing" our kink lifestyle and our vanilla lifestyle in our marriage. And we have continually reminded another of that. It is about balance on all levels.*

Rebecca: "How do you think things are going with Landon and CeCe?" I asked Kyle as we continued our long walk back home.

Kyle: "Honestly honey? I think things are going just fine. I really don't think you need to worry. Landon seems really trustworthy and kind. And CeCe seemed to warm up to Landon pretty well."

Rebecca: "Yeah, I guess you're right. I just would hate to see my best friend getting hurt."

Kyle: "I know sweetheart. I know. I wouldn't want to see CeCe get hurt either. But after a while she needed to jump back into the groove of things."

Rebecca: "Yeah, I agree."

*We continued to talk as we rounded the corner onto the street our apartment was on. "I really wonder how things are going," I kept thinking to myself over again. I was anxious to get back to the apartment to check on my best friend. Hopefully she isn't too mad at me for pulling a "last minute" decision on her. We walk up the stairs to the apartment complex, open the door, and start to walk down the hallway. I think Kyle could tell how anxious I am to return home to ensure everything was okay. We stop in front of the door and Kyle takes out his keys from his pocket to unlock the door. Once the door was unlocked we slowly opened the door and quietly walked inside the entryway. As we took our shoes off in the entryway all Kyle and I could hear was the faint TV noises playing a movie in the living room. We walked down the hallway into the kitchen and stopped dead in our tracks. Kyle and I glanced at each other and then at all these crafts, crayons, markers, and papers spread across the kitchen table, along with the now empty pizza box.*

Kyle: "Well, it seems like these two had fun," he chuckled while observing the mess spread across the kitchen.

Rebecca: "I guess so!" I exclaimed while slowly approaching the living room doorway.

*I could hear Kyle and his footsteps picking up and slowly following behind me to the living room. I could tell that Kyle was also suddenly curious about seeing what is occurring in the living room. As I approached the living room entryway I could hear more clearly the noises from the living room TV playing the Disney movie, 'Zootopia.' The living room was dark with only the TV light luminating the room. Kyle and I both glanced around the room to see that the living room floor was covered in toys, stuffies, and puzzles. On the couch there was an empty bottle and blankets, but no Landon and CeCe.*

Rebecca: "Now where could those two be?" I asked puzzled as I turned on the living room light.

*Kyle and I continued to glance around the room to see the overwhelming amount of toys sprawled across the room.*

Kye: "I think I have a pretty good idea where they are," he remarked while checking his watch while simultaneously turning around to walk down the hallway.

*I caught on to Kyle's remark and followed him down the hallway to the nursery room. As we walked down the dark hallway we recognized the smallest bit of light shining from under the door. In order to prevent the door from making noises, Kyle slowly and cautiously opened the nursery door. As the door slowly opened we could hear the lullaby music box playing the softest tunes from nightstand located in the corner of the room. The lamp, which was also sitting on the nightstand, helped produce the smallest amount of luminating light. Between the gentle lighting from the lamp and the gentle lullabies playing from the music box it created the most peaceful and calm environment. Our eyes then shifted to the other corner of the room to see that Landon was completely passed out in the oversized rocking chair with a blanket draped over him. Resting on the floor by his feet was a stack of children's books along with an empty bottle. Kyle and I looked at each other, smirked, and then glanced back at the sight in front of us.*