The Last Day

It was a dark night, as Katherine stood in a circle, watching things unfold. Klaus had just killed a werewolf and doppelganger and now a witch. Now she watched him, as he came towards her, making her be last. This was it. After 500 years of running from him, he was going to win, and she was going to die. But not without a fight. She wasn't going to stand there and let him kill her. She was Katherine Pierce and Katherine was a survivor.

As she and Klaus fought with each other on the ground, pain sliced through them both. Klaus due to the full moon. Katherine didn't know the source of her own pain, though.
What felt like half an hour later, Klaus was suddenly off her and everything went gray. Then, as everything went black, she vaguely heard Elijah yell her human name from a distance.

Elijah raced towards Katerina, as everything went black for her, not worried about dealing with Niklaus for the moment.
He knelt beside her, glad she was still alive, and rested a gentle hand on the side of her face. Feeling her quite warm, he immediately knew what had happened.
"Oh, Katerina," was all he could think to say.
He gently picked her up in his arms, as he got to his feet, before vanishing to go take her home to his place.