Pilot

It was a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as Katherine Pierce walked through the woods, having just fed. She could hear teenagers celebrating with a bonfire, but that didn't concern her. As she walked, she started to finally see the road. She had been known as Katherine Pierce since 1864, but had been born in Bulgaria as Katerina Petrova. She had only changed her name though so it would be easier to hide from the hybrid she had feared and ran from for 500 years.
As she walked, a memory resurfaced without her willing it to.

*Flashback-England 1492*

Katerina Petrova stood by the food table in a ballroom with Trevor, awaiting Lord Elijah and Lord Niklaus Mikaelson.
Soon Lord Elijah arrived and, once Trevor introduced them, she gave a curtsy.
"Pleasure, my Lord."
He took her hand and kissed it.
"The pleasure's all mine, Katerina."
When Lord Niklaus arrived, Elijah made a comment to her about him being fashionably late as usual.
Klaus arrived beside Elijah and in front of Katerina.
She did a curtsy, saying, "Lord Niklaus."
He took her hand and kissed it and then let go.
"Niklaus is the name my mother gave me. Please, call me Klaus," he said with a smile.
"Katerina is from Bulgaria," Elijah interjected.
Knowing Bulgarian, Klaus said something in Bulgarian and Katerina complimented him on it, saying, "Very good."
He gave her a smile and she smiled back. Then she watched, as Lord Klaus walked away.

*End*

Soon, she found the road and began to walk down it. After her feast tonight, she would be known to be in town by those who knew her. She was Katherine Pierce and Katherine loved making an entrance.