500 Years of Solitude

It was a beautiful day at the Salvatore boarding house, as a dying of old age, weak, and in pain, human Katherine lay in bed, knowing that those who hated her were waiting for her to die so they could celebrate. She had just had a heart attack last night. The doctors hadn't thought that she'd make it through the night, but she had. She had always been a fighter, but this time she couldn't fight. She was dying a human death. According to an expert on vampires and the fact that she couldn't digest vampire blood, it couldn't be stopped. Her permanent death was inevitable. The worst part wasn't the pain. It was being alone. Her daughter, Nadia, had left so she didn't have to watch. That, and she wanted her mother to body jump into her, but Katherine would rather die than to be inside Nadia. She wouldn't lose her daughter again. At least this time she knew that Nadia was alive. She wouldn't lose her anytime soon.

Meanwhile, Klaus had just arrived back in Mystic Falls to see what he could do for Katerina. He had heard that she had taken a tragic turn. In the meantime, he had a witch working on reversing the aging. If he was gonna try something, he wasn't gonna have her all gray-haired forever. Just because her body rejected vampire blood didn't necessarily mean it would reject hybrid blood. Especially, the blood of the Original hybrid.

When he entered the room and saw her in such poor condition, it broke him inside. He had never shown it, but there was a part of him that felt connected to her. He could tell that the teenage witch's spell was working. She didn't respond when he sat down though, which made him worry that he might be too late. A quick moment of listening with hybrid hearing though, let him know that she was still alive. He could hear her shallow breathing.
"Katerina?" he called to her, hoping she could hear him and would respond to him.
"Klaus...?" she whispered through the pain and shallow breathing, feeling like she could barely breathe.
"Open your eyes, luv. I need you to look at me."
It took her a few minutes, but she finally opened her eyes and looked at him, as he rested a gentle hand on the left side of her face.
"I came as soon as I heard. I have a witch reversing the aging as we speak. I know you can't digest vampire blood, but since I'm a hybrid, maybe it'll work. You have to trust me, though. Do you trust me, Katerina?"
She couldn't believe the news, but knew this was her only chance at surviving.
"I can try," she whispered.
"Close your eyes," he instructed.
She gladly did as she was told.
He gently sat her against him and bit his wrist, as her breathing slowed. He then put it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat.
A few minutes later, he took it away and it instantly healed. He then gently layed her back down and looked down at her in silence.

A few hours later, she woke up with a gasp and sat up in bed, a familiar sensation in her throat.
He smiled, having done his good deed for the night, and happy that he had succeeded in saving her by turning her into his own species with his and his child's special blood. Now he wouldn't have to worry about her dying. She was a hybrid now like him.