The End of the Affair

It was a beautiful day, as Klaus stood over a closed coffin and then opened it to reveal Rebekah, his only sister, the last born of Esther and Mikael, with a dagger in her chest, desiccated but not dead. Because of being Originals, daggering them didn't kill them.
He looked down at her.
"Time to wake up, sister," he said with a smile, before pulling the dagger out. He then walked off, knowing it would take a while for her to be awakened.

A while later, he returned to check up on her, only to see her gone and a body by her coffin.
He smiled and turned around.
"Rebekah, it's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are," he called.
A moment later, at vamp speed, she was in front of him and had stuck the dagger in his chest in anger.
"Go to hell, Nik!"
She stepped back and he pulled it out and dropped it to the floor. Being a hybrid had its perks. One of which being that the dagger didn't work on him. It only hurt.
"Oh, don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me."
"No, but I was hoping it would hurt. More," she replied, before walking away.
He followed and she stopped.
"I understand that you're upset with me Rebekah, so I'm gonna let that go just this once," he replied, standing in front of her.

*Flashback-1920's*

Klaus was by the truck outside after there had been an attack from Mikael at the party they had attended tonight. He had found them, and they had to hurry.
"Hurry up, Rebekah," Klaus called to her.
Rebekah stood a little distance away, hoping Stefan would come for her. She had fallen for him after a short time of the three of them bonding. The thing about Rebekah was that she fell in love easily and when she was in love, she loved blindly and recklessly.
Klaus opened the door.
"Let's go."
"He'll be here any second," she replied.
He walked over to her.
"Do you want to die? We've been found. We need to move."
"Not without Stefan."
"Stefan's not coming. We have to disappear. He'll draw too much attention. Let him go."
"What did you do?" she questioned.
"Come on. We don't have time for any tantrums," he said, taking her arm, ignoring her question.
She pulled her arm away and stayed put.
"I don't want to run anymore, Nik. All we do is run. I want to be with Stefan."
He turned back to her.
"Fine. Then choose. Him or me?"
She was silent and looked down, hating that he was making her choose between family or love.
He took her silence as a hint that she was choosing family.
"That's what I thought."
He turned around and began to walk back to the truck.
"Get in the truck. Let's go."
She took a breath, before saying, "Good-bye, Nik," choosing love over family.
He stopped and then, an instant later, was in front of her with a dagger, and daggered her in the chest.
He stepped back and watched it start to take effect.

*End*