19. No More Secrets

They were outside Malfoy's manor.

Her torment was about to begin...

*******************

Voldemort let go off her wrist and raised his skeletally thin arm gesturing toward the main gate. "Step inside", he ordered her.

Her terrified gaze fell to his other hand that held the wand. Did she have a choice? No, apparently, she didn't. Voldemort would kill the baby in a split second if she protested. With a heavy heart she dragged her feet to the gate and walked through it.

Voldemort instantly raised both his arms and enchanted the gate. Regina didn't have the time to react. Only when she grabbed the iron bars realised that Voldemort had captured her like a wild animal. Her hateful gaze rested on him. "You make me sick...", she hissed. "You know you won't be able to keep me locked up forever."

"I surely will if you continue with this attidute", he said icily, behind the bars. "Why don't you go inside? Narcissa is waiting for you", a wild fire danced behind his scarlet orbs.

Her hands slipped from the iron bars as she stared at him. "Does she know?"

"No, but I expect from you to share your past with her or else I will."

"Why?", she raised her arms in the air in defiance. "Why would I do that?"

"You would do that to please me", he said coolly. "You would do that because it's an order, Regina. And I don't like my followers to ignore my orders. Now go inside."

They remained like that for a whole minute, staring at each other. She knew she had lost. She knew it in her bones. With a slight nod she agreed with heavy heart and turned on her heels, dragging her feet to the main entrance of the manor. The familiar popping sound of the apparition sounded behind her and she realized that Voldemort was gone. Immediately her eyes flooded with tears. She shouldn't have followed the calling of the Dark Mark. She stupidly thought she could confront the Dark Lord. What an idiotic thought indeed. Now her unborn baby was in danger and she was far away from Severus.

She ascended the stairs to reach the main double door and knocked the heavy, ebony wood. One of the house elves opened the door and she stepped inside, looking around. The hall was gloomy and dark. Even the chandeliers were dusty, like the place was abandoned.

"Take me to the lady of the house", Regina spoke to the elf and wiped her tears quickly.

The elf nodded his head and led the way further inside the dark manor. No lights, no noises, nothing. Narcissa was at the Drawing Room but the place seemed nothing like it used to. There was a long and ornate table in the middle, illumination came from a roating fire beneath a handsome marble mantelpiece surmounted by a gilded mirror. The woman was standing by a tall window, gazing outside, lost in her own private thoughts. Eventually the elf left and Regina walked in the room.

Narcissa snapped her head toward the sound and her face lit up once she lay eyes on her. Regina instantly felt a sting in her heart. Narcissa didn't deserve the pain. She had a great heart. Lucius was responsible for dragging his whole family into that ridiculous charade.

"Regina!", the woman ran to her and locked her in a tight hug. "I can't believe you're here."

Regina's heart dropped to her stomach. She was always so nice with her and in exchange Regina had slept with her husband and got pregnant by him. What an enviable friendship, right? Regina pulled back uncomfortably and observed the lady of the house for quite a few moments. Her face was like always, pale and her blue eyes intense. Her blonde locks intertwined with black tufts but she looked incredibly beautiful even now.