Chapter 13

I sit up pulling the blanket around me to cover my nakedness. The fog in my brain starts to disappear, but I'm in desperate need of a cup of coffee before I have this conversation. I also need to think quick of how to explain this too him. Can't be like hey I think Hunter might be your son or surprise you could have a son named Hunter. 

Lucan paces the room with heavy movements and the veins in his neck protrude from under the skin. He has his hand in a clenched fist and I fear he is going to somehow break my phone with the pressure he is putting the innocent bystander through.

He stops and I debate if pulling the covers over my head and hiding is an option at this moment. The fire in his eyes tell me I'd be better off with a bucket of water. Not at all how I ever pictured the morning after I love my virginity playing out. But I shouldn't be surprised by this point.

"Who the fuck is Hunter," he says pronouncing each work slowly as though I'm an idiot. I must not answer fast enough because he runs his hands in his hair and yells, "fuck Kinsley. If you used me to cheat on your boyfriend with I swear I will make sure you never work with Aubree and Skylar. Hell I can't even fucking look at you now." If Aubree was sleeping she ain't now. 

Wait did he just say me, Hunter, boyfriend and cheating all in the same sentence. I need to figure out what set him off on this rampage because sounds to me like he thinks Hunter is my boyfriend. Now it's my turn to run my hand through my hair. "The fact you are holding my phone tells me you saw something on it. Can you please explain to me how you came to be going through my phone."

"Fine." He bites. "I was going to the bathroom to start running a bath for us when your phone started lighting up and chirping like the fourth of July. So I went to mute the fucker when I noticed some texts from a Hunter coming in. Can't believe you don't have a passcode on your phone. Who the hell at this point doesn't have a passcode on their phone."

Hunter must of texted me using the phone I gave him for emergency use. "Give me my phone," I demand holding out my hand.

"Not till you explain if I just dipped my dick in someone else's pussy. I can't believe you Kinsley cheating on your boyfriend. Especially after the comments you made about the bride Tray slept with. I thought you were one of the good ones guess I was wrong. You're just another bitch looking for their next meal. Well it won't fucking come from me."

Now I was seeing red over his harsh words. How dare he make such accusations without allowing me to explain the mistake. I slip out of bed and strut over to my bag grabbing some under clothes. The quick movement causes me to wince from the pain, but I refuse to have this conversation with him naked. After I pull on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt do I turn to him.

"Give me my fucking phone," I demand once more. Not only am I pissed at him I'm also worried something could have happened to Hunter. This time he hands me my phone without a word. I flip through the messages Hunter sent me and see the eight missed calls.

When are you coming home?

I couldn't sleep.

You promised to leave in the morning.

I love you.

I miss you.   

I smile reading his messages and send him a quick text. 

Sorry buddy just woke up. Will me heading home soon. I love and miss you too. 

Lucan remains silently looming in the background. Once I'm done I return my phone to my pocket and prepare myself for battle with Lucan. "I'm so glad I learned how lowly you actually think of me. Was getting me into bed a game to you. Something you concocted with Tray? Do you get extra point because I was a virgin?"